HELP please! 05 Sequoia ticking all the time with rpm. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So pretty sure I screwed my 2uz-fe vvt in my sequoia installing a new timing belt.... Timing is perfect, no warning lights, no power loss. Just this loud diesel like ticking noise from the drivers valve cover. Only thing I can figure is I bent a valve when I rotated the drivers cam 1 revolution independently by hand. Never felt much resistance, only light compression and spring resistance. I have not compression checked anything yet. Anybody been there done that? Other possibilities I should consider?

Thanks GTV. The plug on cylinder #1 did feel kinda loose when I removed it to look for debris on the piston. I have re installed them to spec with out improvement. This is my daily driver and in otherwise great condition. Lost as to what to do with it next..... Sell, part out, keep for parts and buy something similar, so I can utilize her remaining greatness?

1016191348.jpg

Just had time to do the drivers side where the noise is coming from... Seem to all be fairly equal.

Could it be in the bottom end? I'm going to remove the valvecover and check bucket clearances tomorrow.

Valve clearances are at top end of spec .10. Changed the oil and it looks like tinker bell was living in there. Lots of sparkles under the flash light.

im thinking rod knock... or maybe a wristpin. some thicker oil might dull the sound...good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom