05 lx 470 AV and RE/DVD overhaul (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,
I have a 2005 lx 470 that I just purchased last month for my wife. The only issue with the truck is the sound system. The speakers are blown and I'm not sure if the ML amp is working correctly. I'd like to do an overhaul of the system. Since the climate control is built into the NAV I have heard it's pretty difficult to replace the head unit. I have read a lot of threads on here about this but wanted to know what to expect when I take it to a professional car AV installer. It looks like most people put in the tesla style units which is the route I want to go. I also want to replace the factory RE DVD system with a new unit. I am looking at replacing the blown speakers, possibly replacing the ML amp, new tesla style head unit that can interface with the climate control system, new rear entertainment DVD player, new rear backup camera since I'll be ripping out the old NAV unit.
I realize this is a lot of work and will cost a good penny, but my main concern is if it is even possible to do this without finding some expert in car audio AV. Can a normal car audio-visual place do this work? Has anyone done this to their trucks?

Thanks MJK,

Since I know the RE needs replaced (must have with 4 kids) I am looking to essentially bring 2021 technology into this 05

There's this thread to replace the nav system. Sourcing parts is tricky as some are in very short supply, but the end result is great. Long thread... well researched.

What did you end up doing? I’m in the same boat

Nothing yet. My other 100 serious is a 2000 and it has a really nice pioneer headunit. Easy peasy. I can't do it myself and it's a LOT of money to retrofit the 2005 with a tesla style screen. For now I'm not going to worry about it.

Tesla screen sucks. Just buy your kids iPads
I have to agree. I see a lot of guys putting in those screens and I also see a lot of them have problems. That last thing in the world I want to deal with right now is a buggy aftermarket screen. I also think some of them are really ugly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom