05 100 series saved my life!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I cant believe this truck!! It is so dam awesome. I have an FJ and my friend newly purchased a 05 L/C with all the goodies. We were traveling about 60MPH on the freeway, braodsided by a semi and we ended up hitting 2 cars and crashing into a tree. Both of us were uninjured and all airbags have plopped out. All glass broke and major body damage on all sides of the truck. Safety on this thing is incredible!! Front end was smushed in all the way to the firewall!! And both of us got out alive and well with hardly and injuries! No broken bones or fractures. The cops told us it is unlikely for occupants to be uninjured in the type of crash we had. I wish I had pics but my camera and my friends camera was damaged in the wreck. I really think about upgrading now to a 100 series.

Glad to hear you and your friend are ok. Sounds like a scary accident, I feel safe in my 80 but I'm looking at 100's.

Nice to hear you guys came without injuries. Do upgrade to a 100. You won't regret it!!

Great to hear you guys made it out unscathed. Did you have an ARB winchbar in the front or the OEM bumper? Do you think it would be safer without the winchbar, or just as safe in that type of collision?

Amazing!

So, is it safe to assume your friend will be picking up another 100 series?

excellent ! glad you're OK!

Friends truck did have a front end grille(dont know if that had any effect on our accident) Insurance will pay for the truck completly and giving him a $54k check. He actually profited cuz he got his truck for less than that?? Wierd. He alread picked out another 05 L/C and will be getting it with is wife in 2 days. I saw a 2001 with lockers, loaded up, NO sunroof or roofrack- Is this rare? I know it is for an 80 series and it has only 23k miles. The lady is asking $36k for it. Is this too much for an 01??

I'd say it's extremely rare since no 2001 in the U.S. came with lockers ;)

However, they did come with ATRAC and VSC. Sunroofs were optional on early LC's. Not sure when/if they ever became standard. All the ones I've seen have sunroofs.

The roof rack thing is not a big deal like it is with the FZJ80's. AFAIK, you can remove the 100 roof rack easily and w/o damage.

your next lc

Congratulations on driving a SAFE vehicle.
I bought a 01 with 31500 miles and certifed for 6yrs or 100k from a dealer --price $33,000. in Feb 05. now it has 41500 miles and I am all smiles.
Your find at 23k miles seems very low-- I'd want to see the maintenance records and know the dealer who serviced it. If all cked out, for low $30-34k I'd jump. I prefer no roof rack. I have one on my 96 lx450 and I want to remove it. Continued good luck and safe driving.

I am a proud New owner of an 03 L/C! The 01 I looked at had been into 5 accident within the first year of ownership according to carfax. The body looked great but didnt want to take the risk. I saw an 03 with 25k miles, bought it from private owner who has 3. Paid $36.5k for it. Its white with Black Leather. Owner said black leather was rare but i really didnt care. Truck is fabulous/fast/ and it has a snorkel!

Will try to post pics once i get a new camera

Congratulations. Wow, that was fast. You posted you were only thinking about upgrading two days ago! I think we have had 3 new owners in the past week. Black leather or dark gray? I'd like to see that it if its black. Please post pics when you get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom