04 LX470 Passenger mirror constantly runs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The passenger mirror motor on my truck constantly runs, and it will not automatically fold in. Has anyone had success with just replacing the motor, or does the entire assembly and mirror have to be replaced? Anyone experiencing similar issues and can provide feedback or any type of information would be appreciated.

i bet the adjustment switch has a short in it. First thing i would try is taking the switch out, spraying with contact cleaner while working the controls back and forth.

What a coincidence! My 2004 just started doing that yesterday as well. Very annoying and have not had a chance to look at it yet.

For clarity: as soon as the key is turned to the accessory position (or run) the passenger mirror motor runs, and it stays on until the truck is completely shut off.

Direction adjustment works, but folding does not. The DS mirror still works normally.

Well, I took a first pass at it this weekend. Followed the directions here to get to the switch. In brief, it’s very easy: the black trim under the gauges pulls up and out with fingers, there is one phillips-head screw to the bottom left of the console, and then the lower console pulls straight forward. Other than the one screw it’s all panel clips.

Isolated the problem to the mirror fold circuit (unplugging the main mirror switch made no difference). Cleaning up the mirror-fold switch did not fix the problem though, so I’ve just left it unplugged for now.

Will test the switch with a multimeter later. Could also be a limit switch or something in the outside assembly but won’t bother with that unless the switch tests good.

My 2006 also has the same issues after some manual folding occurred.

my research led me to the gear in the folding mechanism.
gear
video install of gear

i have not pulled the trigger on buying the replacement gear because of the expected disassembly time based on this video specific to the hundos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom