04 LX470 Brake issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an intermittent issue with my brakes. The pedal has pressure and it stops, but then the pedal will lose pressure and go down like when you are bleeding the brakes. Release the pedal and it is stiff again, but will sink back down. I'm not losing brake fluid and it doesn't happen all the time. No warning lights on the dash either.

Thoughts?

Master cylinder need a rebuild maybe?

Have you done the manual booster test?

IF it passes AND you have no warning light or audible 'beeping' then I'd be looking to the Master Cylinder first. A rebuild might solve your problem as @thebeedeegee suggests.

What is the condition of your brake fluid and has the system been properly bled in the last couple of years or so?

Have you done the manual booster test?

IF it passes AND you have no warning light or audible 'beeping' then I'd be looking to the Master Cylinder first. A rebuild might solve your problem as @thebeedeegee suggests.

What is the condition of your brake fluid and has the system been properly bled in the last couple of years or so?
I've had in less than a year, I don't have a record of it being flushed/bled. I went to the master cylinder rebuild thread and it does sound like the "double pump" issue that some are talking about. Looks like I'll be ordering a rebuild kit and getting some DOT3 to see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom