04 LC Headlights came on with truck off after a good rain! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Hope everyone is having a good as can be with the times holiday season!
I just received my 15 year trophy!! Thanks to Ih8mud and to all you members!
I have searched on sunroof drains and will definitely be attempting to clear. I'll try and use some weed whacker line as the water is dripping on drivers side with a small puddle on floormat. Just really could not narrow down search to see if somebody else has had their lights come on with truck off and lights off.
There is water dripping down onto some electrical components under dash and also off the hood and gas levers very left driver side so this has to be the problem.
Truck has around 200k and has had the windshield replaced years ago with no leaks on problems.

Hi All,

Hope everyone is having a good as can be with the times holiday season!
I just received my 15 year trophy!! Thanks to Ih8mud and to all you members!
I have searched on sunroof drains and will definitely be attempting to clear. I'll try and use some weed whacker line as the water is dripping on drivers side with a small puddle on floormat. Just really could not narrow down search to see if somebody else has had their lights come on with truck off and lights off.
There is water dripping down onto some electrical components under dash and also off the hood and gas levers very left driver side so this has to be the problem.
Truck has around 200k and has had the windshield replaced years ago with no leaks on problems.

65C28F3F-5B6F-4738-860E-9E5B48F07235.jpeg

This is not a good place for water to be dripping down! This box was wet as the metal on the inside of wall.

So the sunroof drains were definitely clogged up. I used the weed wacker Line and got in the drain like 4’ or so. Water was puddled up when we opened up the roof. I used a shop vac and rigged up a tube and sucked the dirty water out. Then cleaned it all up put the line down and then poured water to check flow and it was draining but could not really tell where it was supposed to be be coming from.The water was draining out between the body metal near the black plugs located all down the rocker panels. I pulled the front two plugs and lots of water poured out.

I ended up disconnecting the battery because the headlights kept turning on by themselves! We’ll see if drains work as more rain is coming all day tomorrow!

6F7A0E43-6AC5-4E9D-A03D-E9C4A70354DE.jpeg

EF340D50-2B70-4D3C-9688-DE099F09ACA1.jpeg

Tough crowd around here, just wanted to follow up that headlights are no longer coming back on by themselves. I let it dry out some even though we’ve had a lot of rain today. Good news is no more leaking after cleaning sunroof drains. Hooked battery back up and so far so good. Hope this helps somebody out !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom