03 GX470 ongoing maintenance? 's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

So I got my 03 recently, some of you might've an my first post & the pretty good price point I got it for.
I'm going to address any issues and maintenance I need done & would like to have this post open to receive your opinions & suggestions.
Firstly I changed out the tires to Kumho Crugen, ran into some kind of issue. I was having pretty severe shaking of steering wheel around 60mph, one of the tires was missing weight from balancing. I thought this could be issue, had re-balanced, issue got much better, but still noticeable. While braking issues is also there from 60-50? I'm going to bring to shop, any ideas?

I'm in need of new battery, mine is severely corroded and can see leakage.
I'm thinking of getting the yellow top optima, any thoughts, good, bad?

I bought a Curt hitch, without paying much attention to under carriage, I noticed that panel that seems removable where hitch would would seem to come out has a block of heavy steel behind it. So I'm hoping this doesn't need to be removed or plastic panel & hitch will just sit below bumper???

That's it for right now, appreciate any info

Stuck caliper piston. Yes. Bolts under for aftermarket.

Thanks Dan!
Inspecting the under carriage I noticed the stock shocks & struts are pretty badly rusted .
I have the whole stock system & knock on wood everything is still working , suspension does seem pretty sloppy .
I don't want to do any kind of lift , and have been searching & reading every post regarding deleting airbags .
When the time comes , this seems to be the cheapest option & most viable .
Can I get a suggestion or two on a cost effective kit that will give a nice soft "lexus" ride , with no off road lift ?

If you want to retain the stock suspension, you can probably find a set from someone here who's upgrading.

Last resort maybe, would like new whenever I can .
Don't feel too comfortable not knowing how much life I might have left

Thanks Dan!
Inspecting the under carriage I noticed the stock shocks & struts are pretty badly rusted .
I have the whole stock system & knock on wood everything is still working , suspension does seem pretty sloppy .
I don't want to do any kind of lift , and have been searching & reading every post regarding deleting airbags .
When the time comes , this seems to be the cheapest option & most viable .
Can I get a suggestion or two on a cost effective kit that will give a nice soft "lexus" ride , with no off road lift ?

Metal tech conversion kit and FJ springs. While it did lift the rear of my truck slightly, it rides night and day better without airbags. Parts cost me around $300 or so, the work was done by me.

C8CB3C18-8D15-4860-BB87-F70805AAE958_zpsiaitgovm.jpg.html

Thanks , did you also do the spring seat assembly ?
Would you happen to have the part numbers ?
Which shocks & struts did you go with ?
Reuse the strut springs up front ?

Just call metal tech. They will walk you through and hook you up.

Thanks , did you also do the spring seat assembly ?
Would you happen to have the part numbers ?
Which shocks & struts did you go with ?
Reuse the strut springs up front ?
Like Dan said, give metal tech a call. I only did the rear of mine, I still have the factory shocks in the rear and factory struts in the front.

The metal tech kit you buy comes complete with everything you need minus the spring of your choice, which is why it's great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom