03-07 front bumper on a 98-02 lc100? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone put a 03-07 front bumper on a 98-02 lc100? Curious if itll work if I have the support as well as shown in the pic. Do I need to swap the grille or cut anything? I need a new bumper and came upon this locally is why I ask. Not seeing a ton of info in the search.

00k0k_cwsRRIr8GZP_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpeg

just looking at this recently,
it looks like the crash bar needs to be changed also
the tabs underneath are different lengths between the 2 bumpers, the corresponding tabs on the crash bar match the bumper tabs.

no issue with the lower valence or the grill, that I can see.
I am going the other way, an earlier setup on a 2003

just looking at this recently,
it looks like the crash bar needs to be changed also
the tabs underneath are different lengths between the 2 bumpers, the corresponding tabs on the crash bar match the bumper tabs.

no issue with the lower valence or the grill, that I can see.
I am going the other way, an earlier setup on a 2003
So if I bought it with that crash bar posted. You think it would fit? Assuming the crash bar bolts up

AFAIK you should be good along with the crash bar
the crash bar bolts into the front of the frame

Having just repaired front end damage on an 03, the bumpers are different. The car had a 98-02 bumper on it, so I bought one to replace. But I ordered an 03-07 crash bar and front bumper upper reinforcement. The 98-02 bumper mounting tabs do not align with either the 03-07 crash bar or upper reinforcement, so I decided to grab an 03-07 bumper, which fit perfectly. I was always wondering why my bumper (98-02) wasn’t secured well…

Long story short - won’t work with original holes.

Hmm. But yours had a crash bar off a 98-02? Because my thought was if I put a 03+ crash bar on, then the bumper will fit. Or are you saying there's additional spots that don't line up?

You’ll need the lower crash bar and the upper bumper reinforcement bar from an 03-07 for all the bolt holes to line up. The crash bar only attaches to the bottoms edge of the bumper. The other two convection points to the body are the fenders (one screw per fender) and the upper reinforcement bar.

You have the bumper, now you will need parts identified as 52021 (crash bar) and 52029 (upper bumper reinforcement bar). The upper bar will looks almost identical, but the three mourning holes for hardware 52161C are in different spots on 98-02 and 03-07. Not sure why, was super frustrating to find out upon assembly, but hope this helps.

8B2F0173-7E6E-4707-98AC-D44AAB5FC59F.png

That's very helpful. Thank you. As I look at your diagram. Which item is missing from the pic I posted above? He's including everything pictured(that's the actual Craigslist pic). It almost appears that this is both items in your diagram in one piece?

You’ll need 52029 (upper reinforcement bar). It looks like the add comes with the bumper cover and 52021 (bumper crash bar).

I mistakenly posted the 98-02 model years. Please see below for a screen shot of Lexus parts now for the upper reinforcement that matches up with 03-07 bumpers and crash bars. No affiliation with them.

That should give you the three pieces you need to get this assembled correctly.

203C7433-4493-4FF8-BF63-82F405A2DE0F.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom