03-07 Android Stereo upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New unit for anyone who is looking to upgrade their Outdated Nav system with a 13.6" Android head unit with up to 6gb ram and 128gb rom. It is also 360 cam compatible. Not cheap but worth it in my opinion.

Screenshot_20230223-204718~3.png

Screenshot_20230223-205813~2.png

Last edited:
What is it?
where can you get it?
How well does it function?
Usability issues?
It is an Android based head unit. Unfamiliar brand.
Available from China Aliexpress.com
According to the specs it should perform good.

Be interested to see an actual install, both pictures look like a bad photoshop
Yes, a bad photoshop.. I tried to erase some of the ghost lettering that was plastered across the images.
I'm sure that isn't an "actual install".
No need for it. It will fit correctly or your money back. Most Chinese manufacturers stand behind their products. I've had nothing but good customer service dealing directly with Chinese manufacturers.

Last edited:
Yes, a bad photoshop.. I tried to erase some of the ghost lettering that was plastered across the images.
I'm sure that isn't an "actual install".
No need for it. It will fit correctly or your money back. Most Chinese manufacturers stand behind their products. I've had nothing but good customer service dealing directly with Chinese manufacturers.
Then go for it? The hundreds of pages in threads for other head units communicates to me that these are nothing close to plug and play.

I mounted an iPad Mini 4 GSM next to the factory head unit and connect it to audio using a GROM BT-3. I tether to my iPhone for data, but can also use it offline for music / maps / OBD Fusion. As the tech gets older I will just upgrade the iPad and not have to touch the truck.

Yeah! Somebody buy it and install it on an 06, US spec'd Land Cruiser and if it works, call me!

I found two different vendors selling the unit.
US $601.00 30%OFF | For TOYOTA Land Cruiser LC100 For Lexus LX470 2002+ Android Car Radio 2Din Stereo Receiver Autoradio Multimedia DVD Player GPS
US $574.00 30%OFF | Car Radio Carplay 13.6" For Lexus LX470 LC100 2003-2007 Android Navigation Multimedia Player Touch Screen DSP Stereo Head Unit

Im just trying to help out a little that's all.
I have an 01 so this unit does not apply.
I did upgrade to a 9" Android a while back and I must say I absolutely love it. I will upgrade again to the new 9.5" much higher spec model.

I’ve got my iPad. The fact that they can make something for a vehicle, yet not a single picture of one installed blows my mind.

Then go for it? The hundreds of pages in threads for other head units communicates to me that these are nothing close to plug and play.

I mounted an iPad Mini 4 GSM next to the factory head unit and connect it to audio using a GROM BT-3. I tether to my iPhone for data, but can also use it offline for music / maps / OBD Fusion. As the tech gets older I will just upgrade the iPad and not have to touch the truck.
How do you like the setup? I was looking into the GROM VLine for CapPlay but was also considering their BT adapter and one of those stand alone CarPlay display units. You make a good point I could just upgrade the tech but I would love it if I could ugdrade the OEM system.

How do you like the setup? I was looking into the GROM VLine for CapPlay but was also considering their BT adapter and one of those stand alone CarPlay display units. You make a good point I could just upgrade the tech but I would love it if I could ugdrade the OEM system.
My vLine setup is great. A little glitchy at times, but works well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom