03-04 grille on a 98

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As far as I know it should, since the headlight casing hasnt changed, I would say yes it will, but what do I kno, lol

Do you think, you have to swap the headlights and valance as well?

hm..i was wondering if the 99-06' Cruisers have the same taillight size as the 99-05' LX's. because I have a 99' LX and i want to put some new 06' Cruiser LED lamps. The new LED lamps for the LX looks ugly. :frown:

xjdmlx470x said:
hm..i was wondering if the 99-06' Cruisers have the same taillight size as the 99-05' LX's. because I have a 99' LX and i want to put some new 06' Cruiser LED lamps. The new LED lamps for the LX looks ugly. :frown:

In the Feb '06 issue of Landcruiser mag, there's an ad in there that says the '06 LX LED tail lamps will fit in JDM Aug '02 LC's (this issue is completely devoted to JDM LC history, and in Aug '02, the 5spd tranny and revamped 2UZ were introduced). So I guess it implies the LX '06 tail lamps are interchangeable w/ '03+ LC tail lamps (ie, LX and LC tail lamps for '03+ are interchangeable), but NOT '98-'02 tail lamps.

Jim, are you sure about that? I put '03 LC lights on my '00 LC with no problem. So shouldn't an '05 LX fit as well, if they fit an '03 LC?

aedgington said:
Jim, are you sure about that? I put '03 LC lights on my '00 LC with no problem. So shouldn't an '05 LX fit as well, if they fit an '03 LC?

That would sound reasonable by mathematical transitivity. I'm just saying the ad in the Feb '06 LC mag says the '06 LX tail lights will fit Aug '02 and later LC's. It didn't say it wouldn't fit earlier LC's, but you have to find out at your own risk. It seems like they'd all be the same size, but maybe something else is different, like the electrical connectors? I'm sure CDan could confirm whether or not '06 LC tail lamps will fit on '98's.

I know the '03+ LX's seem to have an additional pair of rear (backup?) lights on either side of the license plate. Since they say the '06 LX lights will work on the LC, it implies that the LX has two pair of backup lights, one pair integrated into the tail lamps and the other into the tail gate? I was just wondering in case, say, one were to install a rear tire carrier on a LX. If the lights in the tail gate were the only backup lights like on those 2nd gen 4runners, you'd obscure one of them w/ the rear tire (probably illegal), and it also means an '03 LC retroffitted w/ '06 LX lights would have no backup lights! That just can't be.

yes it is an easy job .. there is a metal piece under the grill and the front light that hold the front bumper (bolt on it) .. you will have only to change the piece of metal .. i bougt it from the dealer .. it will cost you 55 bucks .. i had mine in whit color .. so maybe you will have to change it .. ya .. when remove the old and put the new one .. there will be an interfere with part of another metal in the body (that was hold the old piece you will change in the middle of it) .. (you will know it when you doing the job) .. i just cut .. its not an issue .. cut it and every will be fine ..

mvjh7qg.jpg

Thanks so much for getting back to me! I am having a hard time finding this part though? Any Idea what they call it? All that I have been able to find is something called a filler pannel thats $150 or a panel Ext right or left that are $35 each?

"Lower front apron"
by the repairers name
53903 - 60070
Toyota terminolgy may be
PANEL, SUB-ASSY, FRONT END
$286.00 AUD!!

Forgot to mention, my vehicle has just come back from the shop after being bitten by a kangaroo, this part number and description are straight off the repairers quote. The toyota description is from EPC

I just bought that rock guard or valance or what ever you want to call it. It lists here for about $185. I tried to get it from Cdan. He quoted around $130 but shipping is high and apparently UPS bends them about 50% of the time. :mad:

Do you guys know of a place to buy used parts?
I have not been able to find this part for less that $150

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom