02 LX470 - Battery light even after new alternator and battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, mystery time:

In my new-to-me 02 LX470, I realized I needed a new alternator because the battery, abs, brake, and other lights would come on at the same time. I replaced the alternator, which resolved the issue.

However, the battery light still came on when I started the truck for the first time in the day, and it would go away after driving for a few minutes. Logically, this meant the battery was getting old, so I replaced it. Now, I have a new alternator and a new Toyota battery, but the battery light still turns on when I turn the truck on.

Today, when the battery light turned off, I heard an audible "pop" from the stereo system. Anyone have an idea of what to check?

A few other details:
It's been cold where I live, routinely below freezing, and the battery light issue is more recent
I have an ARB light kit and a winch wired to the battery

I would check the current condition of your battery first and double check that you are getting charge from your new alternator. I’d also check the condition of your battery cables.

If it’s low then you have something drawing it down and I’d try to isolate that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom