02 LX470 AHC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've noticed the AHC on my LX has been turning itself off recently. It's not riding any differently and it's only done it twice in the last few months but my guess is that it is starting to fail. It's the original system and I have 184,000 miles on the truck. I'm going to be selling it soon so I wanted some advice on how I should move forward with this issue. Since you can shut it off full time, should I price in the repair or get it fixed prior to listing it for sale? Also, any ideas on how much this repair would cost? Also wondering if a fluid flush/refill will take care of this. Thanks

Last edited:
I've noticed the AHC on my LX has been turning itself off recently. It's not riding any differently and it's only done it twice in the last few months but my guess is that it is starting to fail. It's the original system and I have 184,000 miles on the truck. I'm going to be selling it soon so I wanted some advice on how I should move forward with this issue. Since you can shut it off full time, should I price in the repair or get it fixed prior to listing it for sale? Also, any ideas on how much this repair would cost? Also wondering if a fluid flush/refill will take care of this. Thanks
C40B770A-4299-4294-A438-B3F30B6EE911.jpeg

All warning lights went off and the suspension is working perfectly. Best $23 I’ve ever spent.

I'm glad your fix was so simple and easy!

For posterity of anyone else reading this:

AHC does not "wear out" and start failing as a whole. This myth needs to die a slow and painful death.

I've posted before the same-ish statement and I won't re-hash it all, but there are a couple wear components in the AHC system. Accumulators (needed every 100-200k) and the AHC pump (needed every 200+k).

If you have AHC problems:

1. Check fluid level. Refill.
2. Check gradations.
3. Get Techstream. Check neutral pressures and adjust springs.
4. If the above didn't fix your system (highly doubtful since that will cover almost everyone), it's time to dig into advanced diagnostics. Learn techstream, buy a manual or find a mechanic that knows AHC (most don't know it at all).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom