01 vs 03+ LX470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posted last week about an 01 LX470 with 104k miles. It's in decent shape, but I am slightly hesitant because I've read that the 03+ have more safety features and a 5 speed instead of 4. I can get it very cheap though and fix it up if need be, or wait patiently for a newer(03+) with likely higher miles for about double the price. I think I can get this thing for 8k or so out the door. Thoughts? I just want a daily, reliable(and safe with kids) driver for Florida. I love large SUV's(currently own a suburban). Thanks all.

Last edited:
For a safe daily driver, you can do better for 8k than a 20 year old SUV. I'm assuming you want something else other than those things though.

Wait, $8k for a 104k mile 01 LX? So how much is wrong with it?

$8K for a good copy of a 2001 LX with 104k miles is a good price.

Where in FL? I can evaluate it with you; I'm not in the market, I already have an 01 LX

Where in FL? I can evaluate it with you; I'm not in the market, I already have an 01 LX
Just north of Fort Lauderdale. Appreciate the offer. I think if I go check it out I'll bring my mechanic and just pay him to ride along.

Wait, $8k for a 104k mile 01 LX? So how much is wrong with it?
It's listed higher but he wants it gone. I think I can get it for around 8k. The interior is in mediocre shape, one mirror doesn't turn well, the wheel finish is stripped off, the driver seat is in poor condition, the steering wheel is in poor condition(sun damage from sitting in FL sun for 15 years). Other than that, nothing to my knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom