'01 LX470 non-navigation Mark Levinson OEM speaker sizes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 3 speakers on each front door, and then 1 speaker on each of the back doors, and one 6.5" sub.

I just wanted to confirm the OEM speaker sizes? Lots of conflicting info out there and Lexus made several changes through the years?

Can you confirm?
- front door has a 6.5" Mid Woofer, 2.5" Mid, and 1" Tweeter
- rear doors have 4" or is it a 6.5" full range?
- sub is a 6.5"

The other question I have is this is a total of 9 speakers, when I look at the output plug on the amplifier that is under the front passenger seat that goes to all of the speakers, I only count a total of 16 wires which when divided by 2 wires for each speaker, a total of only 8 speakers? What am I doing wrong here?

On the speaker upgrade, is it recommended to keep three speakers in the front doors or downgrade to two speakers?

Thanks,
-S

yes, it was manufactured on 7-01. I have had a hard time finding specs for what I have. Transition time for Lexus or something. It is also a non-navigation unit, which makes this upgrade easier.We are the original owners. 202K mileage.

I have the ML system, it is designated on the car on the headunit, the speaker covers, and the amp. I popped off the front passenger door cover tonight. It was easier than i thought. Feel more confident now doing this project.

I discovered tonight I have a 6.5" woofer, 2.5" mid, and a 1" tweeter. The wire colors are the same for the mid speaker and the tweeter. They are yellow wires, one with a green stripe and one with a red stripe. The wires for the woofer and blue and green. I am thinking about replacing all three speakers with a new two-way component system with a crossover mounted on the door. The 6.5" woofer is not mounted in the plastic boxes like I have seen a lot on this site and you tube. It is just a plastic bracket that then just attaches to the doors. All of the speakers are stock. I nor anyone else has touched this part of the truck before.

I'll try to post some pics so others can reference just in case. I feel like I have some parts/design from a LC and LX470 at times. Again, 2001 LX470, manufactured 7-01, Mark Levinson system, three speakers on the front doors, one speaker on each rear door, and one 6.5" sub in the back.

I'll update tomorrow about the size of the speakers in the rear, either 4" or 6.5"

Crutchfields is an awesome resource. I replaced my 2007 door speakers with a system recommended by them. Sounds great now. Customer service is their strong suit.

Crutchfields is an awesome resource. I replaced my 2007 door speakers with a system recommended by them. Sounds great now. Customer service is their strong suit.
yes, I totally agree. just purchased something from them last night for my tundra!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom