01 LX470 new owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Name is Mike, I just purchased an 01 LX470 with 173,000 miles. It will be replacing my current 99 T4R, the second one I have owned. Found the LX at a local used car dealer and immediately knew I wanted it. Love this series LC’s and LX. Will be upgrading the worn out AHC soon.

Name is Mike, I just purchased an 01 LX470 with 173,000 miles. It will be replacing my current 99 T4R, the second one I have owned. Found the LX at a local used car dealer and immediately knew I wanted it. Love this series LC’s and LX. Will be upgrading the worn out AHC soon.
Hey! First, welcome! Tons of good info here. You've found the right place to keep that thing running forever, if you choose.

Regarding AHC, I suspect you mean one of two things:

1. Upgrading worn out AHC by giving it a once over and refreshing worn components and adjusting what's needed so that you will soon have fresh AHC.
OR
2. "Will be downgrading AHC to a static suspension."

:)

Hey! First, welcome! Tons of good info here. You've found the right place to keep that thing running forever, if you choose.

Regarding AHC, I suspect you mean one of two things:

1. Upgrading worn out AHC by giving it a once over and refreshing worn components and adjusting what's needed so that you will soon have fresh AHC.
OR
2. "Will be downgrading AHC to a static suspension."

:)
Thanks, this forum has already proven to be beneficial with a wealth of info.

After doing some research, talking with a friend who is familiar with these and exploring under the vehicle, both front shocks are leaking and I am not wanting to just start throwing parts at it. I am probably just going to switch to a static suspension. Have been reading the pro’s and con’s of both options.

It goes in this Friday for a t-belt/wp change as I am unsure if it has ever been changed. As an owner/ co-owner of 3 3rd gen T4R’s I know this is vital maintenance.

Welcome! I laughed since I am also a Mike, also came from a 3rd gen T4R (01 sport edition) and also picked up an '01 LX and swapped out AHC for traditional set up although I kept my AHC for a few years before making the change. I miss my 3rd gen when I see nice ones around, but the LX is a totally different beast. No regrets! Enjoy your new ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom