01 LX 470 / CEL bulb position in instrument cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all!

Slowly but surely making my rounds through my new to me 01 LX. Got AHC working and timing belt/water pump done. I'm in GA so I have an instant fail of emissions for a removed / not working CEL. PO apparently removed mine (or maybe it's burned out). I've got the instrument cluster out and I ordered a new 74 wedge bulb from vleds.com thats coming this week.

However, I haven't been able to find a diagram listing which bulbs are which inside of the cluster once opened up. Aside from the obvious ones for the gear indicator, left, right bulbs, etc. I could trial and error the positioning based on where I think it lines up in the actual display but I'd rather save myself the trouble if anyone knows exactly which bulb or spot the bulb goes in, since it's been a PITA in my experience to get the cluster connected 100% with all lights and gauges working.

Thanks for reading!

When I've replaced them in the past, I've just replaced them all at once. But, you can take out one at a time and shine a light from the back to illuminate the indicator. That will tell you for sure even without a diagram.

Got the bulb replaced and emissions passed now. In case anyone else comes across this thread in the future

for the 74 wedge bulbs in the 100 series trucks napa pn #LMP BPPC74N will fit and work, if you need it in a hurry and don't want to wait on shipping for an LED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom