00 Running Boards fit a 99 LC?

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by VA Runner, Jun 17, 2005.

1. VA Runner

VA Runner

Does anyone know whether the stock running boards off a 2000 LC would fit a 1999? I have stock (black) running boards now and they're beat to crap. I like the look of the painted ones from the 2000 and beyond LC's. The paint color should match, I have Champagne Pearl (aka Silver) on the 99 and assume that same color was offered in 2000.

Note about running boards - I hate them. Immediately removed from my 4-Runner and sold them on eBay. But the wife and kids need to climb into the LC.

Thanks for the help.

2. Jukelemon

Jukelemon

Well, I sold my boards to a fellow who had a 00. Now, I have no idea if they fit but he bought them from me and at that time I had a 99 100 series. I cannot imagine 1-the bolt patterns changing that much and 2-if they did, only a small amount of fab would be involved.

3. macneill

macneill Rollin’ on 33s

What about tube steps? I got mine without running boards and put on some Go Rhino SS steps. They're not sliders, but they look better than running boards.

4. spressomon

spressomon glutton Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Why not have both? ;)
    Slider pic.jpg

5. DMX84

DMX84

How much? :grinpimp:

6. spressomon

Media:
    Albums:
    You know what they say...if you have to ask how much, you can't afford 'em. Seriously...I thought I was doing pretty well on the time/labor portion until I got to the grinding/finishing stage...wow did the hours add up then! I don't know how the slider guys are making any money...even when you factor in jigs, better tools, etc.; it's a tough way to make a living I'll tell ya!

7. DMX84

DMX84

Would you consider posting the diminutions/ drawing on you design? So some of us can make our own?

8. spressomon

Media:
    Albums:
    I'll do it...hopefully this week.

9. VA Runner

VA Runner

Thanks guys. I will keep doing some research and definitely consider some aftermarket tube steps. Those custom step/sliders above are very cool.

BTW, the dealer here in Northern VA quoted me $750 for the black running boards... replacing the ones I have. And he said the painted silver boards for a 2000 were $900. But he wasn't sure the 2000 boards would fit exactly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.