0 and 2 on FJ60s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.highlineoutdoor.com
Quick thank you to the folks here who offered their opinions and experience. Late last week the 87 I was preparing to have Cruiser Solutions in New Hampshire help with the renovation showed more signs of age in its underbody to the point where the restoration was out of my reach. Good honest folks (Tedd) there who truly wanted to help me build my surf exploration machine. Time for me to pivot because as much as my dream for the 60, it may not be the most practical tool given my resources to get it in the right order. Thought the 4runner might be the best tool for the job given my budget, but a lx 470 surfaced by chance now and am vetting her out.

If you are still interested and depending on your budget I have a very nice rust free 1985 I am thinking of selling, no restoration needed.
Great daily driver. PM me if you are interested if not you will love the LX 470

Joe

Quick thank you to the folks here who offered their opinions and experience. Late last week the 87 I was preparing to have Cruiser Solutions in New Hampshire help with the renovation showed more signs of age in its underbody to the point where the restoration was out of my reach. Good honest folks (Tedd) there who truly wanted to help me build my surf exploration machine. Time for me to pivot because as much as my dream for the 60, it may not be the most practical tool given my resources to get it in the right order. Thought the 4runner might be the best tool for the job given my budget, but a lx 470 surfaced by chance now and am vetting her out.
Consider a GX470 as well, I have a built GX as a DD and it’s 100% the best truck I’ve ever owned. They’re mechanically identical to the V8 4th gen 4Runners.

Time for me to pivot because as much as my dream for the 60, it may not be the most practical tool given my resources to get it in the right order. Thought the 4runner might be the best tool for the job given my budget, but a lx 470 surfaced by chance now and am vetting her out.

Your ambitions/wants are odd, a bit. If I was looking for a 60 my next thought wouldn't be a 100 series Lx.

100 series are great - and I personally really like the LX (have an 01 currently, also had an 00 for a short stint).

However 60 series and LX470s have almost nothing in common short of their heritage and both have their maintenance or restoration issues. The LX is pretty bulletproof but when things go wrong they can be catastrophically expensive. For instance you could find yourself $1k-3k (depending) if your brake booster goes out... a couple hundred dollar part (or less if it doesnt have to be specific to a 60 series) in a 60 series. Similarly the suspension is extremely useful (and comfortable) but as they age parts are failing - then you'll have to consider a several thousand dollar fix or replace with LC type suspension.

Couple considerations....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom