Seat Motor Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My problem is this.Moved seat forward to flip up 2nd row seat and the passengers side seat will not go back.Maybe it'a not such a bad thing,now my wife rides home today in the 2nd row! Just looking for some insight as I will not be home to tear into this until this eve. When you use the switch for the aft movement,the right side attempts to move and the left or inside does not.
My question is really about the motor configuration.Is there a single fore-aft motor with a shaft to 2 transmissions,or 2 motors?
Just lookin for some info to think about on the ride home.
Thanks all
Bill:confused:

gear is stripped in the gear box. You'll need to order a new gearbox to get the gear. If it's the drive side (motor attached), then order the otherside and swap out the gears as the drive side comes with the motor and is very expensive.

Thanks,guess Cdan is the next e-mail.

I need to buy one too. They were like 75 bucks each last time I bought one.

Last edited:
my driver seat doesn't work either. Anyone got a part#??

Just as a side note. When removing the nut from the lead screw where it passes through the gear box be sure to hold the lead screw in place and not just turn the nut. These nuts have a light locktite on them and you will strip out a good gear if you don't keep the lead screw from rotating.

turbodrive said:
my driver seat doesn't work either. Anyone got a part#??
I was going through my old invoices and found this part#72206-30040 Description: A044 Housing Sub assembly.

Last edited:
Picked up one today at the dealership and cost 76 bucks plus change. Took about an hour to pull the seat out, change the housing and reinstall the seat. :)

Before you buy a new gear you may want to see if the white threaded cap came off the gear mechanism. I had the exact same symptoms you mentioned happen to my passenger seat. I remembered I found (and saved) a white plastic round plug a few weeks back. Did a search on MUD and found out the plug fixes this problem. Screwed the plug back in, the gears lined up and the seat works.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom