Vacuum tubing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got 40ft from McMaster Carr and it worked fine. I would order it again if I need it. Just comes down to preference some guys want to stay with OEM tubing.

just got my McMaster vacuum tubing the other day. i ordered 100' so will have extra. i got the blue (thought it was royal blue but it came translucent and almost clear). the quality is great but the color sucked.

i am sending back the blue and McMaster is sending me the red in its place. according to the rep, the opaque colors available for the smaller hose from McMaster are red and black. other colors are translucent or transparent. i thought that colored gunk that would accumulate on the inside would make the almost transparent blue look horrible after a while, although it might let you know that you had too much crud in your system.

i remember a post a while back about someone ordering oem vacuum tubing from Cdan - they posted up a part number with a great deal and it came with alot of tubing... sorry i'm not more help but if you search for it i'm sure you'll find it.

I installed the McMaster Carr stuff several years ago (1999 maybe). I've had no problem with it. I also think it's less expensive than the other alternatives I've seen. I've always gotten great service from McMaster Carr...

just ordered myself. GOt 60 feet of the 3mm and 25 feet of the 6mm. I tend to use more than is necessary what with breakage and general idiocy.

Be careful when changing the short lines on the BVSV's. They are located on the drivers side on the lower part of the thermostat housing.Many people have broke them pulling them off since the plastic is weak on orginal ones.

Also the check valves sometimes break. Just go easy and twist slowly.

Have to take some pictures and post them up when the cruiser arrives.

you're a fool to pay the outrageous prices for the hosetechniques.com hoses. they are the same stuff just put into a kit!

go w/ the mcmaster carr stuff. it's quality and lasts. i've had it on the truck for a year now with good results.

bandy rooster said:
i remember a post a while back about someone ordering oem vacuum tubing from Cdan - they posted up a part number with a great deal and it came with alot of tubing... sorry i'm not more help but if you search for it i'm sure you'll find it.

Toyota p/n 90999-92003 - 600mm for retail of $1.83 (?) street price is probably under $1.50 which isn't bad for 2 feet.

My initial thought was to use a box cutter and just cut the old stuff (or at least slice into it to make it thinner) when pulling it off so as not to break the tips. Is there any lubricant that we could use when attaching the new, or is it just a question of twisting it on slowly?

I got red, because red is faster. That, and it will be easier to mark progress and not get confused between old and new.

for the small diameter stuff, use 3mmID, 8mmOD. It's at the bottom of page 114 of their catalog. I used soft with no problems (5054K52) but others on the list have recommened the hard (5041K52). I don't remember the size I got for the larger-diameter vacuum tubing, but I did get the hard tubing, not the soft.

What Kevin said.

jgordon said:
Is there any lubricant that we could use when attaching the new, or is it just a question of twisting it on slowly?

God gave you plenty :D .... a little spit will take you far, plus being gentle with your slow twist

-db-

I feel like I should tell an adult I trust about this thread. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom