Builds ROTW Dusty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I love my truck. Had this 96 lx450 3 years this month. We bought her at the start of my residency and I'll be graduating in 2 weeks. Building to this cruiser has been therapy for me over the past few years.
I am a little embarrassed that she doesn’t enjoy the most important modifications a machine like this needs- namely big tires and a lift. But I knew that I wouldn’t have time to wheel her or fix wheeling damage during these past three years and also knew she would be the major road trip machine for our family; so the big tires have had to wait. All this will change real soon with graduation as I will have more time and money. In fact I purchased a tig welder 2 days ago.
With me recent turbo build I mistakenly erased all my prior build pics from this forum because the forum kept telling me I had used up all my pic posting space. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong so in my haste I erased all my prior pics. It turns out my star had expired and all I needed to do was pay for a new star-so stupid. Since erasing all the pics several people have asked me if I could send the pics. I will post all of my build pics here. I also have some other stuff I Have done that I will post
My tinkering to date includes:
Sliders
Front bumper
Rear bumper
Do-it –yourself for a budget Turbo
Preluber (removed it with the turbo build)
Oil cooler
High flow fuel pump
Cut and turn CAT mod
Cargo carrier

The stuff I’m working on soon:
I need a winch
Need some sort of tire carrier on my bumper. I have a bearing hinge but I cant help thinking more and more about the fold down stinger carriers on the jeeps-they are just so solid and its easy to remove the carrier when you don’t need it.
Suspension-I havn’t decided between a 3 link and an extended/relocated radius arm lift but I think about it daily. I want to be able to run 37’s well. A four link seems tricky. Will start this in August
Start with my recent stuff:

I put in this walbro 255 fuel pump to add to my turbo set up. you will notice I used a piece of silicone hose. this was stupid as it "popped" the day after the install and I had to replace it with a real hose. PITA. I should have known better. The first pic is of me riding a mini horse my mom rented for my little girls.
4753.JPG
CIMG0718.JPG
CIMG0720.JPG

notice that i have tossed that front facia piece that holds the blinkers. now the blinkers are in the corners. If you want to run all your intercooler ducting below the pass headlight you will find it much easier to do if you lose the facia. note also you can lift the ac dryer a good 1.5" in its holder-i did for this bumper
CIMG0107.JPG
CIMG0106.JPG
CIMG0108.JPG

my new gauge cluster. got it for $20 on ebay and trimed it with the dremel-need to cover the top part better so the bolt isn't showing. it houses my digital water temp, my boost, and my egt. the a/f ratio is down by my l knee.

I recently watched turbocruisers catch can instal and I even baught a cheap one on ebay. instead I baught these 2 oil/air seperators from harbor freight for $5 each-so i have the oil issue covered (hopefully) at both sides

Nice thread and great work on all your home built mods. I am a little worried about the little horses back though!

Nice builds.
I like seeing people fab their own mods.
I did the ubolt thing with my sliders and wish I had just done the backing plate like you did. Look forward to seeing more on the bumpers and turbo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom