Builds ROTW JKlubens (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser Jimmy

Threads
Fellas,
Well BRKLYN1 summed it up best with his first paragraph of his ROTW submission, slight regret. I thought I’d be a little more modified by now with a lift and sliders but life got in the way of me being able to play with my rig. But I dove in the deep end of the pool so here goes.

I bought the rig in April of 2001 on eBay. Fly down to Fort Lauderdale and drove it back. Within the same year I joined the Hoosier Cruiser Club and have taken the rigs to some really good places. I think the best part of owning the rig has been the people I’ve met while wheelin. We have some really great people in our club that will go out of their way for a fellow member, as would I. In the past five years we’ve gone to some really interesting places and met some really great people from other clubs, Bluegrass, ROTR, Windy City, Ohio, KS/MO just to name a few.

Well as you might tell, I don’t have a lift or sliders, or any bumpers, those will come later. So the path taken thus far is one of maintaining the rig:

Maintenance:
Tranny Rebuild
Fixed shaky mirror
3FE Timing

Thermostat
Radiator
Heater core
Heater under the PS
Exhaust from cat back
Cleaned throttle body, adjusted TPS
EGR valve
Speedo/speedo cable
Rear Main Seal
Valve cover, side lifer cover and oil pan gasket
Rear output seal on T case
Oil seal/gasket on front diff
Brakes/rotors
1996 LC Brake booster
Master cylinder
Just to name few.

Enhancements include:
Manual leather seats from a 93
93+ rims
Cobra in second din with Firestick
Aftermarket stereo
Replace the stock speakers with Pioneer in each door.
Passenger grab bar (thanks MOT)
Maxima grocery keeper
Fire extinguisher
Hayden A/T cooler (bypassed the tranny cooler)
Fan for A/T cooler, switch controlled
Arena horns
93+ console arm rest

Future Mods still working on:
6” lift
OBA (York compressor)
Front bumper
Rear carrier

Well enjoy. Maybe I’ll have a part two sooner rather than later.
rig_front.JPG
rig_side.jpg
heater core - dash out2.jpg

Last edited:
more pics
DSCF0004.JPG
DSCF0005.JPG
DSCF0006.JPG

more
DSCF1055.jpg
DSCF1056.jpg
DSCF1058.JPG

more 2
DSCF1059.JPG
DSCF1060.JPG
DSCF1061.JPG

more pics3
DSCF1062.JPG
DSCF1063.JPG
DSCF1064.JPG

more pics 4
DSCF1068.JPG
DSCF1071.JPG

pics5
DSCF1072.jpg
DSCF1073.JPG

Jim,

Your rig could stand to receive a very thorough interior cleaning/detailing job almost as badly as mine does. :crybaby: :D

Looks like it's getting used the way it was meant to be. ;)

Nice job!

Mot

Location pics
1. Badlands: Attica, IN
2. Natural Bridge: Slade, KY (guest of ROTR)
3. Land Between the Lakes, KY (Along with Bluegrass Cruisers)
DSC00449.jpg
DSCF0392.JPG
DSCF0447.JPG

Nice rig Jimmy....

And, man, you do wheel the crap out of your rig. Yes, Jimmy does use the cruiser as it was meant to be.

Always nice hanging with you and your IN posse....

Have fun at GSMTR...hope you guys can make it to CMCC.

CHeers.
-o-

TiredIronGRB said:
Man you should relocate the fire ext, if you had a wreck that thing would become a missle headed straight toward you.
The plastic mounts are not intended to be used in a mobile application.

Nice rig....:cheers:

Did it make it out of that water in the Attica pic unassisted......:eek:

Might want to invest in a snorkel if you like to play like that.:idea:

Thanks for contributing.:cool:

Nice rig. Why was the dash torn apart and what are you using for a firewall insulator?

TiredIron and Rich,
Thanks for pointing this out. The intent of that location was for easy access. I did not think about the one unlucky time that it would permanently reshape my head.

Mot,
Well we've got GSMTR coming up next week. Gunna get it more dirty.

Josh,
It's not in the schedule this year, maybe next. But is the bluegrass heads west let me know, I'd go again.

Onur,
Thanks man. Yeah, I like to wheel the hell out of the rig and push it to it's levels. (i found the limit of the tranny!!)

Reffug,
After I created the first wave and got mid pond, the rig started to slow down. But I keep on the skinny pedal and pushed my way thru, did not stop. On the other side I keep the engine running for fear that it might not start back up. I then open the doors and drained all the water out. After the rig had time to dry out it started smelling like a swamp. So I took the carpet out and pressure washed it. A snorkel should probably be in the future.

Sully said:
Nice rig. Why was the dash torn apart and what are you using for a firewall insulator?

Sully,
Heater core started leaking some time after I replaced the thermostat. The PO drove the rig for some time without pressure in the system and probably did not even change out the coolest. Now back under preassure, other components started to fail.

The dash had to come out in order to get the heater core out.
The heater fits inside the heater box (vertically inserted into the box), the heater box is attached to the firewall, the dash fits over the heater box. The A/C unit fits in between the blower and the heater box and can be pull out by taking the glovebox out. There no way to pull the heater core out without pulling the dash.

The firewall insulator is stock.

Once I get back home I can show some more pics.

Edit: here's the bad heater core.
and below is the box the core sits in.

Heater Core - Core unit damage.jpg
Heater Core - Heater box.jpg

Last edited:
:cool:

Nice rig!

I always love to see an 80 out for a swim :D

One word .. and it's not a big word. In fact it isn't even a word .

.... Ewww

:D

TY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom