Smashing an 8274 into a non-winch ARB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can I ever do anything easy? Nope:rolleyes:

Well I got an 8274 from a fellow cruiserhead because I seem to get myself into some bad spots when I go up to Tellico. First I had to cut the whole top section of the ARB off more or less. I fabbed 1/4 plate mounts on the inside section of the ARB. I also had to clock the 8274 forward so that it would not hit the grill or valence but also not to far forward that it hits the ARB cross bar. I had to cut the light tab off that normally holds my Hella's.

I re-welded the tab on the top bar on the pass. side for a the new location of the CB. I am not wild about the new loaction of the hella's, Although it works well for night wheeling I dont know how much I like it visually.

The 8274 just fits as it clears the front ARB bar, valence, grill all by 1/8 on every side. I still have to cut a slot of the the synthetic fairlead but will do that when it comes in the mail.

I was worried that I would have to move the ARB outward and reduce my approach angle( I would rather dent the valence to make the 8274 fit before I do that)...But It turned out that it clears it by 1/8s of an inch.

-Al:beer:

Thanks agian Jer for all the help...
8274 005.jpg
8274 006.jpg
8274 002.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good to me! Fairlead?

Yulp its in the mail, I just pulled the ARB back off and cut a hole for it.

that looks awesome. great work.

as for the lights... if you are going to mount them up there get some beefier lights. my friend john has an 80 with the lights on top of the bullbar and it actually looks really good. it feels a little goofy riding inside the truck though. i can post a pic of how his lights look ontop of the bullbar if you want.

Post on up if ya want too. Like some Light Force lights eh? Would be cool, But the least of my worries as for getting the truck ready to take on a 1500 mile wheeling trip to tellico.

ill just go ahead and post it. the lights are pretty deep and i think it looks good that way
2_19_06 005 (Small).jpg

Why not weld the light tabs on the middle bar just outside of the two support bars? Then they would be protected. Maybe that would look good.

Al, Great job for a tight fit
Glad you got a winch cause I'll end up on the other end of that winch cable sooner or later.

Is that a "Velveeta-Benz" in the center pic ??

FL cruiser said:
Al, Great job for a tight fit
Glad you got a winch cause I'll end up on the other end of that winch cable sooner or later.

Is that a "Velveeta-Benz" in the center pic ??

Yulp its a stinky too:D

I am sure I will be yankin ya over somthing at GSMTR...When are you gonna be up there? gonna make lower 2 run on tusday?

As for the light tabs. they dont fit in the middle bar because of the winch and they also dont fit on the outter parts of the bar because they block the headlights. For now they are gonna stay where they are at when I get back from the trip I will prob just get longer bolts and flip them upside down.

ditto: flip em upside down. Nice job on the install though, looks great!

I wll sooner or later my man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom