will 15" wheels fit lx450 did search no luck? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I understand the bolt pattern to be 6 on 5.5 with 4.5 backspacing. Just trying to find out if a 15" wheel with the same pattern will fit, or will rotors/calipers prevent fitment. Thanks

Rear calipers with rub. Some have used a grinder to grind on the rear calipers just nough to run 15's...most have just stuck with 16" wheels.

Is it just me or the search function doesn't work :confused: . I just dis a search on "15" wheel" selecting "80 Series Tech" and nothing, I must be doing some thing wrong. I need more coffee :eek:

You'd have to modify your rig to make it work.. not worth it in my books.. "15" might get ignored in your searches b/c it turns up too many returns/results...

Riad said:
Is it just me or the search function doesn't work :confused: . I just dis a search on "15" wheel" selecting "80 Series Tech" and nothing, I must be doing some thing wrong. I need more coffee :eek:

In that case you should try other words like: "idiot light" or warning or hazard or .... (to see if it works)

More coffee is always a good idea!

Yes, the right rim will

My type of 15's will. The eagle alloys. I think the 1069? My roommate has a '03 Tacoma and he went from 15x10's to 15x8's and they were the only one that fit.

You just have to bolt them on tight.......and drive until they stop making noise. Driving through deep puddles will put the fires out.

Jason Andrews said:
My type of 15's will. The eagle alloys. I think the 1069? My roommate has a '03 Tacoma and he went from 15x10's to 15x8's and they were the only one that fit.
Your FJ80 came stock with 15" wheels, the FZJ80 (LX450) came with rear disc brakes and 16" wheels. So far everybody that I have seen on here that have put 15" wheels on a FZJ80 have had to modify something, ie. grind the calipers down. Personally, I would not want to do that to my vehicle.

Kasprzak said:
I understand the bolt pattern to be 6 on 5.5 with 4.5 backspacing. Just trying to find out if a 15" wheel with the same pattern will fit, or will rotors/calipers prevent fitment. Thanks
You have to go with less backspacing or use spacers if I remember it correctly. :)

Cody made a funnay!!!

-Spike :D

friend of mine used an FZJ80 rear alxe in a buggy, he ground the calipers and now they flex when you apply the brakes. they will probably eventually carck in half, in the mean time the pads wear funny and are not verry effective (hand cutting brake)

What's the reason/advantage of going to a 15" wheel?

cheap/plentiful tires, especially used.

One day I'll try my 2" BS 15" wheel on my 80 to see if it fits.

2.5" backspacing is the magic number. They will fit. The next issue becomes trimming the fenders in the front. Because when you move them that far out it changes where they tuck in the front fenders. I tried 2" backspacing on the rear and got all excited only to realize I'd have to do a lot of cutting in the front. Of course any model with rear drum brakes it isn't an issue.

CodyRx7 said:
You just have to bolt them on tight.......and drive until they stop making noise. Driving through deep puddles will put the fires out.

:D Nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom