Fan blower resister location (BJ70) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After figering out the problem with brakes, now i have another problem with the fan, doesn't matter if its cold or hot air, the switch works only on the last 2 settings. It does sound like the blower resister. I am not home and don't have a manual handy. Question, where is it located and how difficult is to replace it?

Thanks,
Alex

It's very easy, look under the blower itself toward the firewall. One plug and one screw IIRC.

Dave

It will be nice to se some picture or diagrame about that

This is on a RHD:
heater resistor.JPG

David*BJ70 said:
It will be nice to se some picture or diagrame about that

And how the resistor should look when you remove it. Be very careful when removing it. This seems a dust collection area, and I have seen huge dust bunnies intertwined through and around the coils. Perhaps the heat from the coil, and the collection of crap react and burn out the coils...I don't know for sure though.

hth's

gb
Heater Resistor.jpg

Greg_B said:
And how the resistor should look when you remove it. Be very careful when removing it. This seems a dust collection area, and I have seen huge dust bunnies intertwined through and around the coils. Perhaps the heat from the coil, and the collection of crap react and burn out the coils...I don't know for sure though.

hth's

gb

I think thats what caused that 75series cabin fire I posted pics of some months back.Cant repost as my computer has died:crybaby: and :mad:

roscoFJ73 said:
I think thats what caused that 75series cabin fire I posted pics of some months back.Cant repost as my computer has died:crybaby: and :mad:

This one?

Dave
1HZ PICS 052 (Medium).jpg

I removed the resistor and found that the middle coil is separated to two parts.
I creamped them togeather and it works, but I will try to find a new or a used one in good shape. Do you guys know if the one from FJ60 or FJ62 will work or it has to be ONLY for 70 series?

Thanks,
Alex

bump up the old topic but are the coils the resistor part?
And there are only 3 coilly bits right?

With the smallest resistor circuit appart the fan speed 1 would not work 2,3,4 would work
8b02f155.jpg

Buy them?
Crazy me! I have always made them using resistance wire (nichrome). Fun little project. Helps to know original resistances from end to end or have willingness to experiment.

Buy them?
Crazy me! I have always made them using resistance wire (nichrome). Fun little project. Helps to know original resistances from end to end or have willingness to experiment.

I have both 12V and 24V genuine ones in stock if you're needing one.

~John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom