Brake Observations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
I thought my EBC front pads were done at 18K miles, slight squeal with light braking, so I stopped by Pep Boys and picked up a set of EBC Green Stuff pads for a '98 LC. The box lists the application for Sequoia and Tundra, I didn't know that Sequoia/Tundra would fit.

Disassembled the brakes, only to find the pads still had life in them, one pad had no grease on the edge causing the squeal. The truck's apart and the new pads are on hand, their getting installed! The last time they only had the 80 series EBC's, this picture is the old and new.

ebc1.jpg

I have noticed the wear squealer tabs on newer pads have been growing longer, probably so they will get changed sooner, so I trimed them slightly. :D

ebc2.jpg

I am very pleased with the performance of these pads, easy on the rotors, smooth braking and what little dust they make wipes right off. The new pads went right in with no issues and the bed-in went nicely, the smoke lessened on the forth stop and they stop with real authority at the sixth. Now we will see if the bigger Sequoia/Tundra pads last longer. Pictures of before and after;

ebc3.jpg

ebc4.jpg

How is your rotor wear with these super-stop-em pads?

I've always been hesitant to stray from 100 series OEM for fear of shifting the friction-wear away from the pads and to the rotors.

shocker said:
How is your rotor wear with these super-stop-em pads?

I've always been hesitant to stray from 100 series OEM for fear of shifting the friction-wear away from the pads and to the rotors.

I am very pleased with the rotor wear, that is the biggest reason these pads were selected. They are the 6000 Series 4x4 pads on this page;

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Automotive.html#

Looks like those pads will hang over the edge of the rotors a bit similar to the 100 series. You plan on grinding them?

Rookie2 said:
Looks like those pads will hang over the edge of the rotors a bit similar to the 100 series. You plan on grinding them?

No plan to grind them, it only looks like they hang over a hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom