tuffy center console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anybody know the model # of the one that fits directly into cruisers. i keep seeing them at places and some look right some dont all say they fit. just dont get it. if i buy one that doesnt fit just right ill throw fit and everyone will call me bitch.

darn, I forget the # of mine, pretty sure a 032, which is 10" wide and no radio hole.
33064461.jpg

it fits directly but you must redrill the bottom of the tuffy to match the holes in the 60(on the tub and the rear mount for the OEM console). I offset mine to the PS as much as I could, as well make sure it doesnt sit to far back or the rear seat won't fold up

sweetness. thank you

I just got my #013 Black, Tuffy today.. The one with the stereo compartment. None of the holes in the tuffy line up with the tapped holes in my cruiser ( built dec 1983, year model 1984 fj60)

I have made a template from the thrreaded holes and screwed around with it till I have the tuffy sitting so I can fold down the rear seat..and still use the cup holder when the rig is in fourth gear. If you go ltoo far forward the gear shift lever will be in the way of your coffee cup, (OH NO!)

Now I gotta drill the four holes and find some 3-31/2 inch bolts that are the same size as the tapped holes. The tuffy does not sit down on the stock cruiesr mounts. There is at least a 21/2 inch gap between the bottom of the tuffy and the mounts. The tuff comes with a "skirt" to raise it up at the rear, the front of the tuffy is going to sit on the transmission hump that is higher than the stock mount location. It still does not seem to be perfectly level, but I'm going on a big camping trip this week end and I'm going to mount it now and if the level deal bothers me I'll fix it later...The longer bolts are to reach the stock mounts.

I have also set mine up to sit more over to the passenger side, as did lamdpimp, still feels good on the arm rest bit.

Really surprised how heavy built it is..It really is a security box first and a arm rest/console second.

I'll try to post tomorrow after I get it in..

HD

brett76 said:
anybody know the model # of the one that fits directly into cruisers. i keep seeing them at places and some look right some dont all say they fit. just dont get it. if i buy one that doesnt fit just right ill throw fit and everyone will call me bitch.

CCOT sells one designed to fit 60s.

http://store.yahoo.com/coolfj40/concentuf.html

John, how'd you get the 10" one to fit? I have an 8" inch (012 is the model, no separate stereo compartment) and it barely fits in there!?

didn't have any problem......I think mine is the 10"? I know its wider then the one in my 40. But I did move/offset it to the PS because I wanted to be able to have my right arm not hit the console if I wanted or I can rest my arm on the console and shift.

found a few more pics
41432809.jpg

41432817.jpg

41432915.jpg

does it look like a 8 or 10"?

this is the one in my fj40
24799412.jpg

Exiled said:
John, how'd you get the 10" one to fit? I have an 8" inch (012 is the model, no separate stereo compartment) and it barely fits in there!?

Landpimp. Yours seems to be model #012 the 8" wide "non-radio" one. Mine is the #013; 8" wide with the radio den. Sorry, no photo's yet. (Yours has the same number of "hinge loops as my 013)

The 10" one I don't think would fit and leave that much room between the box and the brake without pushing into the pass. seat.

I'll try to photo mine . but it may be a few days..

HD

I think your right........I will measure it

High Desert said:
Landpimp. Yours seems to be model #012 the 8" wide "non-radio" one. Mine is the #013; 8" wide with the radio den. Sorry, no photo's yet. (Yours has the same number of "hinge loops as my 013)

The 10" one I don't think would fit and leave that much room between the box and the brake without pushing into the pass. seat.

I'll try to photo mine . but it may be a few days..

HD

I think that mine is the 10" - it doesn't have the radio area either. Got mine through Liquid Offroad - good price, and Robert's the one who advised me to get the one I did.

Overall I like it, but I'm not sure it's really worth the $200 price. I feel more secure leaving my iPod, GPS or whatever in the truck now. I could have just as easily installed one of these ( http://adgsports.com/SecureVault.html ) and gotten the same results. Not quiet as functional, but a lot cheaper. Seems like one of the manual, keylocking models could be mounted to the tailgate pretty easily.

i had my stereo stolen once...it's worth it to me to not have to buy a couple more $100 stereos. also, i keep gps, cb, cd changer in the car. nice to have a place to lock all that up.

so they really dont just make one to fit 60's eh?
so looks like im just going to have to go the same route as you guys. now if they would only come in tan or brown sheez

Damnit! Can't find any 5mm bolts/screws/studs long enough to fit in the original threaded holes to put this tuffy in (in correctly that is). I finally got the two rear holes (i drilled) to go with 2" 5mm allan head bolts. Been all over town can't find anything longer. The front is gonna take at least 3". It does not set level but it is not noticable unless you really eyeball it. If you guys used the original threaded mount..How did you reach them?

If you did not use the original mount holes (in the cruiser) what and how did you attach the tuffy?

Agin my rig is a Dec 1983..model lyear 1984 fj60..It does not have the mounts for the rear sway bar so the whole thing may be a 83 labeled a 84... dunno

HD

Brett76

They do come in tan. I was afraid to order it cause the color pics are not very clear.

Go to Tuffy.com Or just goggle "tuffy" There are 5 colors.

i got my tan one few years ago from JT outfitters. it was a return because the paint was drippy on the side. got it for 100 bucks.
maybe i lucked out, but they may still have some "rejects"

if you want to get one local(at a decent price) call up Bob at Billy Bobs Off Road.......tell him I told ya to call.......he will hook you up :)

brett76 said:
so looks like im just going to have to go the same route as you guys. now if they would only come in tan or brown sheez

took less than and hour to make mine fit in my 60......

brett76 said:

Ref: Highdesert post above..

Landpimp

How did you get it to fit. I can't find the long bolts to reach the stock nuts. I have cut the holes and have it lined up. but can't find the bolts.

Also, how did you bring up the back end to level with the front end sitting on the tranny hump? (admit it is not way off level but some..)

SWEEEET PIMP. i will have to do that. do they stock them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom