Gen II Aqualu tub/cowl to 79 frame mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well after a bit over a year and a half, I finally have the tub on the frame! Seems to be some minor issues with fit. Not as straighforward as I was hoping. I'll try to figure it out next week, and post some more pictures. For now here is one!

Cheers,
dsc167.jpg

As I always say "Good things come to those that waite".

I like the rollers for ease of moving the thing. I wish I had those on the rig I am just finishing up.

Keep pounding it will come around in time.

looks great, some day i want to go aluminum. i also like the matching wheels.

Thanks for the encouragement and comments...

"Ground Up" - I saw your most recent pictures of the 73 restoration...very very nice! First time around for me, my project mission statement is: "To save a rusted out FJ40 thru renovation with optimization focused on minimizing corrosion without limiting utility in the New England area, while maintaining heritage to the maximum extent practical." Lots of words for simply stating I have used lots of Aluminum, stainless, and multicoats of POR-15.

"Lone Gunman" - The wheels are as close to original color as I could match to the Toyota color, the tub is in primer for now. After I fit doors, etc, I will pull things off, and have the paint shop do the tub and other body parts in the original Rustic Green.

Cheers, and Keep on Cruising!

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom