New Exhaust System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alvarorb

Color Geek in Charge
Threads
Website
www.arb-digital.com
After the last Rubicon trip my exhaust system was making noises again. Most of the mounting brackets were broken or loose. The seal between the cats was shot. And the piece of pipe that goes under the frame rail was flatten out. So I payed a visit to a local muffler shop. They had fixed me up once before. This time they did a better job. I asked them to put a wider piece of pipe under the frame rail and to flaten it out. They also got rid of the factory bracket that was holding the cats from the back. The bolts that make up the little rubber braket were hitting the rear heater hoses. NO GOOD.
Also I wanted the system to be quieter than before. With the previous system I could hear the exhaust roar on the freeway. Not too loud. But louder than the tires. They installed a Dynomax SuperTurbo as the muffler and a Magaflow 7" Round XL muffler as the resonator.

The exhaust tip comes out flush with Christo's bumper . That way is a lot harder to hit it.

I'm very happy with the setup. It's quiet, not as quiet as factory. However, it gives the rig some personality.

Here are some pics:

16662.jpg

16666.jpg

16667.jpg

16668.jpg

Regards

Alvaro

Looks great!

I think I'm going to have to pay your muffler guy a visit soon...my muffler's pretty banged up now...

Doug,

Felipe will take care of you.

Regards

Alvaro

Do you know what model number the Dynomax is?

Why the two muffleres, did they or you think it would be too loud with only the Dynomax on?

The total cost this time was $250.
The first muffler works as a regular muffler. The second as a resonator. I had the same Dynomax before, and it was a bit loud. With the second muffer installed is much quieter. SuperTurbo is the Dynomax model.

Regards

Alvaro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom