vacuum pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does anyone have a picture of the passenger side of the engine compartment specifically the vaccum lines? i have a large vaccum hose that comes of the cluster/switch at bottom of the air cleaner lid and goes to nowhere. all the diagrams i have show it hooking up to something but there is nothing there.
thanks a bundle.

Is it right above the spark plugs? The switch on the bottom of the air cleaner goes from it around to the other side of air cleaner to the air intake. It goes on the round gold diaphram that opens the flap under it that controls where the air come from. When the truck is cold it has vacuum and opens the flap to get air from down by the manifold.When it warms up it looses vacuum and the flap closes and gets cold air from down by the front drivers side fender.

hmmm yah see i dont have the gold diaphragm either

from my 82 fj40 but its THE SAME as a fj60

54859614.jpg

61764183.jpg

82279257.jpg

54859648.jpg

77161713.jpg

THATS IT!!! THANKS JOHN my distrubtor cap doesnt have any ports for vaccum. i thought thats what it looked like in my diagrams. so i have the wrong cap

GAAAAWWWD. thats been irritating the hell out of me since i bought it

they are not really vacumme, but breathers(at least the red one), one(the red one) goes to the firewall to a breather(this is the one that can make a "pop" inside the cab) the other one(black) goes to the white dealy on the bottom of the air cleaner.

Odd the cap has no ports? wonder if its not a Toyota dizzy at all? would think even the aftermarket caps would have the ports?

brett76 said:
THATS IT!!! THANKS JOHN my distrubtor cap doesnt have any ports for vaccum. i thought thats what it looked like in my diagrams. so i have the wrong cap

GAAAAWWWD. thats been irritating the hell out of me since i bought it

aww jeez now your scaring me pimp. ill have to get and look at part numbers. you know it really pisses me off that someone would work on this and just decide to outright change somethnig like this and leave hoses unattached laying around.

also pimp. if you have time if i could get a picture of where that on line goes into the firel wall would be great becuase i have no inkling of even where that happens

Last edited:
:doh: oooohhh. thanks to your pic i just found that line just hanging down by the wheel well.
all is well in my 60's world again now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom