Split Rear Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

those bumpers were stock on some models of non US 60's, SOR or GS might have some.

the bars on the windows are a JDM requirment I think, 40, 45, 60(maybe 80s-100), have all had them. SOR had some for the 60's at some point. They are not much more then a round tube with the ends flatend. They are kinda cool

40's/45's had a cage that went behind the front seat(or rear on the 45) that acted like a cargo barrier.

i wish we could have gotten those turbos over our way!

I'm in searching in progress but still I can't find that bar from catalog.
When I can find, I'll post name and P/N.
Now I'll tell the story about cargo area bar.
That kind of cargo area bar is required by law for vehicle registeration in Japan.(But similiar with Korea)
If one wants register SUV as a truck not passenger car, that SUV must have that kind of bar of panel instead of glass. (Other equipments are required also)
Vehicle ownership tax is problem.
The tax of truck is not expensive but passenger car is very expensive.
As a example, I'll calculate ownership tax of FJ62 in Korea.

1. Passenger car.
3955cc x 220 korean won x 1.3 = 1,131,130(about 1100 USD) :mad:

2. Truck
28500 korean won (about 28 USD)

Those are annual vehicle ownership tax. Because of this, many people want to register their SUV as truck.
But if he can register his SUV as a truck, he can save so much money but there's also another restrictions which applied to trucks not passenger car.

That kind of reason, some VAN type of FJ60 which sold in outside of USA had steel panel instead of cargo area window.

Oh, Min Seok

Last edited:
I found name and P/N of cargo area window bar.

62884-90A01 Guard, Quarter window
93315-26016 bolt

You should call Marko at Outback. Occasionally he brings in a parts truck, although I don't believe that he part's them out himself. He might give you a lead though.

My truck is the one in the first link. I might consider trades for mine...

Thanks guys for the info. Thanks Schaats for the part number! Do you know the part number for the rear bumper?

hks3sgte said:
Thanks guys for the info. Thanks Schaats for the part number! Do you know the part number for the rear bumper?

OK, I have catalog that can search but here isn't my home that I'll post later.

Oh, Min Seok

The split rear bumper was standard (I think) on cruisers after 1985 here in Australia. Mine is a 1986 'G' pack and has the split rear bumper. The photos above show a gap in front of the towball, but there is a step that usually covers that gap (here anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom