YABQ (Yet Another Brake Question) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
For some reason my brake lines have shrunk, they no longer reach from the frame to the axle. I just don't understand, everything was fine when I pulled the axle to do the SOA. ;)
Anyway I need longer lines. I have heard rumors that there is an adaptor fitting to convert from my cruiser hard lines to AN3 lines. Any truth to this or is it urban legand?

any reason to convert?

just double up with some stock cruiser lines or if you're feeling blingy get some stainless braided.

go to your local hose place and get longer ones made, pretty cheap

rusty_tlc said:
I have heard rumors that there is an adaptor fitting to convert from my cruiser hard lines to AN3 lines. Any truth to this or is it urban legand?

It is prolly true, but the adapters for SAE are prolly alot more common than those for metric. I know a racecar shop around here has braided stainless lines for about $30 with AN3 ends, but I haven't researched the adapters. Maybe one day.........

Go with the rabestos ones in the link Poser put up. Cheap and easy.

I'll pick up a set of the raybestose ones from Napa at lunch.
Thanks Poser.

Maybe I should have mentioned the Old Man Emu Springs, front shackle reversal, longer shackles, and rear spring flip. :D :D I picked up one line on my lunch break, no time to look at it, when I got home I realized it might work if all that had happened was a SOA. I'll check out Pegasus. Looks like they have the parts. I'm looking for 10mmX1 metric flare right?

I have used these red ones from Marlin too...these would thread right into the fitting on the axle, and the metric brake line would attach right to the other end....

http://www.marlincrawler.com/brake.html

Good luck!

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom