Warn 8274 Winch/ FJ60/62brush guard (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This brush guard/winch combo came off my brothers fj60. He has never used it and his 60 is a DD that doesnt get off the highway much. I wants to sell this cause it doesnt get used and he could use a little extra cash. I am selling it as one unit and apologize but cannot ship. I dont really know the condition of the winch, when we bought it, it was said to be working but i think it may have had a wiring issue. The winch itself looks very clean. The brush guard might be custom and has a swing up front tire carrier as the picture shows. i have pics of the whole thing on the 60 and will try to get them loaded up ASAP.
I'm not totally sure on price right now.

Make me an offer

Located an hour west of WAshington DC.
fj2.jpg
fj1.jpg

Arya, i got two offers so far. i'll let you know if they fall through.

BTW, i want everyone to know that i never got the 8274 to work. i think it was a wiring issue with the 60 itself but im not totally sure. The winch may need work....i just dont know. i may try to hook it up to the 80 sometime and see if it will pull.

thanks.

Bump.....how bout $ 400. Someone was interested but it fell through, that was what he offered. i will take something close to that.

Fpkelly,

Its not exactly that it doesnt work...its just that i havent played with it much. next time im home i'll see if i can hook it up to a battery real quick and get it to do something.

I ruined a 8274 by storing it two weeks laying down like you have shown. The gear oil seaped into the motor. Had the motor rebuilt and it worked great. Not bashing your thread just giving helpfull info re possible problem.

Jason,

Its fine. I understand what your saying and i hope EVERYONE sees this....The winch was only set like that for a few minutes after yanking it off the 60, its currently being stored upright and i promise it didnt stay down like that for long...

But thanks for your concern.

Cruiserhead05 said:
Jason,

Its fine. I understand what your saying and i hope EVERYONE sees this....The winch was only set like that for a few minutes after yanking it off the 60, its currently being stored upright and i promise it didnt stay down like that for long...

But thanks for your concern.

FWIW that's exactly the way Warn ships them from the factory.

I live up in Baltimore so it wouldnt be too much for me to come down and get it from you.

Sounds good. I should get to it this weekend and see i cant get the motor to do something. I will be int touch.

Anyone else inerested as it sits, me not messing with it?

Played with this thing for about 5 min today by connecting the pos and neg to my battery. It didnt do anything, not even a spark when i put the pos. on....maybe im forgetting something. I have a few people interested so thats the status now, let me know if you want it.

You need to ground it out....had a buddy who had the"warn " box welded on a pole on the winch mount plate. Well we had to cut it to pull the engine. Well once we got everything back together he just had the box laying there and didn't reweld the post back to the winch mounting plate. It didn't work like that...so we rewelded the post and up it fired like a champ. Came to the conclusion that it didn't work cause it wasn't grounded. Good luck

Is this going to fit the 80 ARB bar?

4x4CPOSEADOG said:
Is this going to fit the 80 ARB bar?

Not without big mods to the bumper.

As long as the seal between the case and motor is good laying it down shouldn't hurt it but could. Warn ships them without oil, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom