Pics of NO chrome trim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here are some photos- (Hope I got it right this time) of what pulling the "snake blinders" roof trim and window trim looks like on the LC. And yes I am in the market for 33s if anyone wants to buy lightly used 30's.

Last edited:
looks freakin great...guess I will have to take the plunge when I get back from vacation....got the blinders and roof trim off years ago..... :beer: :beer:

Here are some up close pics. Underneath the window chrome is this little creasey thigny that follows the line around the window line. I found a little rust in the corners of the windows- not much but just a little. The rocker panels had rust from the blinders and I touched it up with kinda matched rattle can paint. I left some of the plastic fasteners in the holes as I do not have a welder to fill them with right now.

Last edited:
looks good, I believe mine will be getting the same treatment shortly.

Can't tell from the pics but did the bottom window chrome piece come off too?

Nope -left that piece on as it seems more functional rather than " 88 bling-bling". Windows are more difficult than the roof trim to remove. Used some pliers and took it slow.

Looks good, looks kinda like mine. No rain gutter chrome, after major rain gutter rust repair, snake blinders removed, and holes filled.
bch1.JPG

You can't even tell that the bottom window trim did not come off. I bet that if you looked at it close up, the bit of chrome will help out the chrome handles. I think that mine will get that mod soon.

:beer:

I like it. It's much cleaner with out the chrome. Looks like You've started somthing

did the same with mine last year...only on rain gutter and snake blinders though.
luckily didn't find too much rust. haven't ventured to take it off around windows though...yet another "to do"...

OK, noob clarification needed - I'm guessing "snake blinders" are the chrome trim pieces below the doors, between the wheel wells?

What are you guys talking about???

:idea: I'm gonna have to chrome out my whole truck just to be differnt!!!

I think i'll start with chrome trim around the hood. Oh, and then chrome paint for the roof (for insulative purposes only). And maybe that chrome plastic foil stuff for seat covers? :D

zcruiser said:
OK, noob clarification needed - I'm guessing "snake blinders" are the chrome trim pieces below the doors, between the wheel wells?

you are correct sir! yes!

Fearnofish! said:
What are you guys talking about???

:idea: I'm gonna have to chrome out my whole truck just to be differnt!!!

I think i'll start with chrome trim around the hood. Oh, and then chrome paint for the roof (for insulative purposes only). And maybe that chrome plastic foil stuff for seat covers? :D

How about some shinny chrome 23' spinners and mirrored window tint?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom