govenor weep (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It looks like I had a slight oil weep from the govenor housing from the little tube the lets it exit by the oil pan. What's the reason for it? :confused:

I noticed it once before a month or so ago.. It's not steady and only seems to have done it when it's real hot out. Like 100* and cooling temps were a bit higher than normal. I guess i could change it anyway as I haven't been in there at all. ;)

apply suction on one of the lines going to the govener, if there is steady pressure then there is a good chance the governer diaphram is fine, if the pressure drops then you have a tear...

Pop the drain plug. Its about halfway down the diaphragm housing. Chances are its full of oil. Some gets by the seal and no one ever drains it. The diaphragm shouldn't be moving in oil.
new pump.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent, thanks Bruce. I have a little weep hose that's on there instead of a drain plug (hence the weep from it) So when you say seal.. the seal between the pump and the govenor? :cheers:

Intriqueing little motor..........clacclacclacclacclack. ):):):)

Looks like my idle is now creeping up... and some smoke while decel shift... I'm guessing diaphram replacment now.

Anyone have a part # handy from toyota? I'm too lazy right now to fire up the EPC ;)

wesintl said:
Looks like my idle is now creeping up... and some smoke while decel shift... I'm guessing diaphram replacment now.

Anyone have a part # handy from toyota? I'm too lazy right now to fire up the EPC ;)

Don't have the part number, but if you need the diaphragm urgently, I have one at home and can fedex it to you. I bought it from 4 wheel in edmonton.
let me know...
Jan

Thanks Jan.. I don't need one that urgently (at least I hope not) ;)

I did search the forum and there was no part number. It'd be nice to post the Toyota part # and the Denso # so they are in the archives.

Toyota is 22303-47010

Denso??

Ok.. I called my local denso dealer and had them look up the part # off the injection pump # and they gave me:

090580-0041 - $26.08

Can anyone confirm that's it before I order it. I'd rather have my local shop order it since it's closer and they did a great job on my reman injectors.

Diaphram part #
Diaphram part number
OEM diaphram
denso diaphram

Last edited:
wesintl said:
Ok.. I called my local denso dealer and had them look up the part # off the injection pump # and they gave me:

090580-0041 - $26.08 Diaphram part #

Diaphram part number
OEM diaphram
denso diaphram

Yes, that's it! I actually remembered to bring one home from the shop before work tonight...

hth's

gb

Many thanks for the confirmation GB :) and the pm....

intl guys/gals are great :)

me definatly needs a new one.. I ordered it this morning. I hope it doesn't take the 2-3 weeks like they said. Idle is about 1500-2k..

FWIW if you take off the edic (3 -10mm) you have pleanty of room to get to the diaphram bolts.
Why the heck are they flat blade screw driver though?
112_1223.JPG
112_1224.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom