Updated 06 4Runners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Beefed up the plastic and Sequoia-esque grille. It looks pretty good!
Here is the japanese site http://toyota.jp/hiluxsurf/

top_main.jpg

main.jpg

gr_va03.jpg

gr_va04.jpg

main.jpg

projector headlights
p02.jpg

main.jpg

i think you posted in the wrong forum. :D

Did they finnaly convert those headlights to what the Rx 330 is ussing? Forgot the name they give it. It's a cool system, the lights turn with the vehicle, up to 20 deg. Was able to drive one at night one time at work(an RX330). Was cool watching the lights move with the vehicle on the winding road.

Looks like they got rid of the squared off wheel well openings as well. Rounded ones look much better.

Toyota started updating the website. Here is an official pic of the 06. Looks like chrome mirrors/grille are on the SE
photo_1.jpg

Is it just me, or does it look like Toyota took their styling cues from a Chevy Trailblazer? These are very nice trucks though, but they need diesel motivation.

I like it much better than the current 4th Gen... they shoulda used this styling back in 03 :)

Bob_Garrett said:
Looks like they got rid of the squared off wheel well openings as well. Rounded ones look much better.

Thank god. I hope they took they square ones off of the tacoma as well.

Cruiserdrew said:
These are very nice trucks though, but they need diesel motivation.

Diesel 4th gens only avail in Japan. They also have factory RR Locker..again only in Japan...
real crackerjack product planning/marketing Toyota has :rolleyes:

The fenderflares are also wider so they look similar to the Sequoia/Tundra flares. I think it looks good.
First Toyota w/ projector headlights too, I think.

No love from the Mud crew, but it's a great ride and they made alot of small improvements that add up to a really nice product. For almost the same as I paid in 03, you get more for your money now. Gotta love that :)

Some nice upgrades avail:
--JBL® AM/FM CD with voice-activated DVD navigation system [5] with hands-free phone capability via Bluetooth® wireless technology [6], backup camera [7], eight speakers and MP3/WMA playback capability [8]

--Looks like all will have MP3 plug-in on radios (finally!)

--projector headlights

Last edited:
FirstToy-As you know, I sort of like the 4th generation 4Runners. I just do not have a strong motivation to buy one. I am seriously Jonesing for diesel power. So, if the 4th gen came in diesel, I would buy one. Otherwise, I'll just keep driving my FJ60.

Andy, that's a big endorsement coming from a Cruiserhead! :thumbsup:

Yeah I wonder about Toyota's marketing decisions, saving all the good options for Japan-- where they really don't need them!

FirstToy said:
Diesel 4th gens only avail in Japan. They also have factory RR Locker..again only in Japan...
real crackerjack product planning/marketing Toyota has :rolleyes:

I'd like to kick whoever is responsable for determining what we get in north america in the nads. If the 4-Runner here came with a diesel and Rear Locker I would seriously consider buying one. What a bunch of tards.

Ocelot said:
I'd like to kick whoever is responsable for determining what we get in north america in the nads. If the 4-Runner here came with a diesel and Rear Locker I would seriously consider buying one. What a bunch of tards.

I agree, but I still think an australian spec LC 78 munster would kick the s*** out a diesel runner! IMO

It certainly would. I wish we would get the HZJ-105/HDJ-100/-7x Here, but at the very least a diesel runner would hold us over untill then.

Looks like they might have dropped the Diesel engine in JPN as well! Looks like the 4.0L and a 2.7L gas only

1GR-FE VVTi
graph.gif

????? 3.955 L

?????????? 183kW?249PS?/5,200r.p.m.

??????????? 380N?m?38.8kg?m?/3,800r.p.m.

2TR-FE VVTi
????? 2.693 L

?????????? 120kW?163PS?/5,200r.p.m.

??????????? 246N?m?25.1kg?m?/3,800r.p.m

New LED taillights as well as projector headlights
p06.jpg

p02.jpg

new NAV w/ MP3 plug and WMA (hope it can read topo now too)
p01.jpg

HDD TV (maybe JPN only)
p02.jpg

Bluetooth phone/ voice NAV steering controls
p05.jpg

main.jpg

I REALLY like the rounded flares... That makes such a big improvement in the appearance IMO. I was not a fan of the sharper lines.

I have decided to keep my Trooper for a few more years until something REALLY interesting comes along. I am hoping to something with diesel from Toyota, but their hybrid trend may kill that reality...

Cruisin'Carolina said:
Thank god. I hope they took they square ones off of the tacoma as well.

Me too, thats the only thing I hate about my 05. Hopefully if they update them the new flares will fit mine. Looks way too much like a chevy now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom