Replacement fluid for Orion??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have not used that Torco oil in any of the Orions I have built....only 80W-90.

and on that, I have not found any metal in the oil or on the drain plugs...

:beer:

Good luck!

-Steve

I put 80-90 in it for the first 250 miles or so and then switched to 85-140. The idea of such thin lube just didn't seem right to me. I assume that the guys who designed the damn thing probably know more about it than I, but regardless the fancy hightech oil that they sent with it remains on the shelf. Maybe I'll use it to cool drill bits or something. ;)

Mark...

I have built 3.........80/90W in all.
no issues, period...

Thanks for the responses!

I replaced the fluid today with 80/90 wt. The fancy AA goop looked a little dark but there was only a little metal shaving buildup on the drain plug magnet. Less than I expected. I also tightened everthing on the shift linkage. I then drove my 40 up and down a few of the local hills in my area. I was trying to get the t-case to pop from 4-low into neutral. After the initial install I was one of those guys who experienced the slip from 4-low into neutral while descending on a trail problem that is well documented here and other places. I could not get this problem to show itself on this test drive. I will be doing a 2/3 day trail run in real hills/wheeling conditions tomorrow. I will try hard to get the problem to show itself. Hopefully all will be OK. I recently replaced the clutch master and slave and installed fresh manifolds and a "new" Jim C rebuilt carb. So far it feels like I am driving a new truck...

Cheers,

Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom