JK Customs Prototype FJ62 Winch Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mmw68

CruiserCrap.com - pimping crap for your cruiser!
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
store.cruisercrap.com
Iam working with Jason of JK Custom.com to create a new winch bumper for my FJ62. He has never done a FJ62 front bumper like this, so it was a first for him, and we are calling it a prototype, so your input is welcome.

It will have a Warn 9.5xp winch, with a custom in cab control to operate it. The bumper will also have a quick release plug for jumper cables, as well as clear running lights to match the FJ62. And of course a place for off road lights and shackles.

It sticks out about a foot longer than the OEM bunper.

I have known Jason for some time thru the local chapter of TLCA, but this is the first project we have worked on together. I must say Jason is very skilled fabricator, and a pleasure to work with. If you surf the pirate 4x4 forum, Iam sure you have been following his work on Nolen’s FJ40 called “Katy”.

So on tho the pictures..... :)

IMG_0643.jpg

28255016-L.jpg

28255011-L.jpg

28255006-L.jpg

28255022-L.jpg

28254985-L.jpg

28254966-L.jpg

28254960-L.jpg

THAT IS A FREAK'N SWEET LOOKIN BUMPER!!!!!!

NICE JOB!!!

do the d-ring mounts go thru the bumper, or are they just welded to the face of the bumper.

:cheers: awsome lookin bumper!!!

anyway to get it to mount up alittle higher??

Last edited:
Light tabs on the side? Where are you looking?

We are placing Clear LED lights in the square holes on the ends of the bumper, and we two light tabs on the top hoop. The bumper does wrap around the sides a bit..is that what you are talking about?

:)

Nice looking, personaly I would rather lose the stinger and make it hug the lines better with a reciever hitch for a miulti mount winch..

That is exactly the bumper I have been looking for. Any plans on posting the schematics?

Hmm, made out of C channel steel, 4 and 6"

Taht gives me some ideas ;)

mmw68 said:
Light tabs on the side? Where are you looking?

We are placing Clear LED lights in the square holes on the ends of the bumper, and we two light tabs on the top hoop. The bumper does wrap around the sides a bit..is that what you are talking about?

:)

Uh huh.

TJK

I like the way the angle of the bumper is the same as the pre-runner bar.

BTW, are those Street locks?????

:flipoff2:

Looks great, Jason Kenne is a top-notch fabricator! Are you going to get it powdercoated across the street from JK?

Also, make sure you seal those lights, from personal experience, Hella's don't like to be mounted upside down, moisture will get it and bugger them up quick.

that's an awsome looking bumper!!!!!!! i was looking for something like this!

i'm going to see if i can post some pics of the bumper i was looking for

Yep - Jason was going to walk it across the street and have it powder coated.
Thanks for the tip on sealing up the Hella's

I hope to have it on Friday - If the powder coater can squeez it in.

How much would you say that there bumper weights?

That is ONE wicked bumper, I like it quite a bit.

I have always wondered why with all the 60s people are starting to build there arent more bumpers out there for them from vendors. I love the ARB, but at the same time everyone has one and not only that but I have a 1in body lift that changes how things fit...

Jason

if you haven't powdered it yet, you might consider including a way to use a hilift. I had some 1/2" plate welded onto my ARB bumper at the corners.... really nice as otherwise there isn't anywhere to gain purchase

We did think of hi-lift adaptors. It was a personal choice to not do them. I have a nice bottle jack I use as well as a nerf/slider adaptor for my hi lift jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom