so this is how it's supposed to be. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I almost forgot how nice the 80 really was on the highway. Now i'm looking forward to the upcoming outter banks trip. :D
castor 006 (Small).jpg

Jungle,

Please give us a complete report with pictures. The wife and I have a trip planned for next spring to beaches of the Banks. It is supposed to be a great 4x4 trip.

Grouseman

I will. I have some pictures of past trips, but i don't have a scanner. I have a digi this year. I usually go at least once if not twice a summer.

Virtually hands free depending on the crown, eh Concrete?

Glad you got 'er fixed up .. enjoy.

TY

Now weld them ya newbie :flipoff2:

Where you going out there?
North end past Corolla?
I have been out there a few times and it always interesting.
Nothing like speed limit signs on the beach

Hey man - did you go back to OEM caster bushings? I'm thinking about getting Slee's plates for mine too - the OME CC bushings just aren't enough w/ my HD springs and spacers. I'm just not looking forward to replacing those fawking bushings again :rolleyes:

Anyone want to trade arms - OME bushings for factory?

:D

Tucker

I'm heading to the outter banks this coming wednesday (June 29th). Going to stay on Cedar Island, fish a little by taking my friends skiff out to drum inlet. Then for the next few days i'm going to catch the ferry over to Okrakoke and then Portsmouth island. Should be a relaxing vacation.

Tucker, to be honest i thought the bushings were the easiest part. Thanks to slee's bushing press tool he included with the OME CC bushings. Yes i did press the CC bushings out and new stock OEM bushings in.

When i first put the plates on and started reinstalling the arms i realized (as my phone call to Christo confirmed) the axle has to rotate. To accomplish this i used a big ass pry bar that my roommate uses to pry huge stones with during landscape installs. I actually stuck the wedge part just under where the spring sets on the axle. If you look you will see a perfect place to stick a wedge in. Now is when you need a friend as they pull up on the pry bar to rotate the axle back while you push the arm up into place and slide the bolt through. Once the front of the arms are attached the axle needed to move towards the rear of the truck approximatly one inch to get the rear of the arm to line up with the rear bracked. I accomplished this by simply hooking a ratcheting strap to the axle and anchoring it to the Transfer case support and within two ratchets of the strap i was lined up perfectly. Slid the bolts in, tightned everything up and took it for a test drive. I'll try and post a pic of where the bar for prying the axle backwards fits.

I know it is recommended to lay a bead on the plates, i'm just a little hesitant as i know that i want the 6 inch lift in which case the plates won't be needed. So i plan on thinking about it for a week or two before i reach a final conclusion.

tucker74 said:
Hey man - did you go back to OEM caster bushings? I'm thinking about getting Slee's plates for mine too - the OME CC bushings just aren't enough w/ my HD springs and spacers. I'm just not looking forward to replacing those fawking bushings again :rolleyes:

Anyone want to trade arms - OME bushings for factory?

:D

Tucker
Wish you were near here! I'd trade ya!

Pics as promised. :D
castor 007 (Small).jpg
castor 008 (Small).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom