new sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
got some SWEET sliders from Jeremiah over at Proffitt's.. These things are STOUT! lemme tell you service...i called on Thurs., they were built on Friday, and "Ian" drove em to Denver on Saturday. "Thanks guys..!!"
Anyway, I think i goofed when i welded em on. Is there any problem, with your sliders sticking further out than your tires? i think i shouldve cut bout 2" off tips. Hell, I'll go pound on em a lil bit, and find out for myself. Tell me what yall think. Should i cuttem a lil shorter?

2nd pic

2nd pic...

3rd pic

3rd pic

4th pic

4th pic

you talkin about a pic of the whole rig?

This thread is useless with out more pics...

Nice sliders, and I don't think they're going to bother anything stickin' out a bit.

M

i freak'n LOVE em, but some of my buddies worried me, that i had em welded on to long, where they stick out. just wondern'....thks!

they are welded from end-of-pipe, to flat of frame. tried to take pic, but it was to large, andi couldnt resize for some reason. -sean

they look kinda short? Maybe its the pic. Difd you need a body lift or trimming to fit?

thanks Dan

I wouldn't cut 'em down. If for no other reason then those babies are awesome parking lot door ding protection.

Someone opens their door a little too quickly next to your truck and it'll be THEM going to the body shop!

They look nice!

Are there gussets at the frame welds or a plate or anything like that?

mig welds to frame.

hullendersauce said:
mig welds to frame.

Yes, but at the end of the slider 'leg' where it meets the frame, is there any re-enforcement or is is just the round (I'm assuming) pipe?

This is just one more reason I need to learn how to weld. But- I'm pretty dang happy with the 'Lovingly' sliders I have.

oh...its just welded directly to frame...no plate or reinforcements.

I like them like that....nice sliders!

nice sliders. i would not worry about them sticking out. mine stick out past the tires and the only times it proves to be a problem is squeezing between trees. but then again, i would rather have the trees hit the sliders than my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom