Steel Wheels for the 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hoser

SILVER Star
Threads
As you know, there are very few wheels available for the 100 series. I contacted one place to get an idea of what it would cost to manufacture custom steel wheels. They quoted me $205/ea for a 17x9.5 wheel (24 series) in any offset and powdercoated. Probably just a little bit less for 16" wheels but $205 is the ballpark figure.

http://www.stocktonwheel.com/4wd_offroad.htm

Damn! I bought a set of Porsche Twin Turbo wheels one time for less than that ( :

Yeah, spendy for "steel wheels" but seems pretty reasonable for a "made to order" rim. I'm used to spending $500 per wheel on made to order forged alloy wheels.

500.00 a wheel? Damn....You must be a divorce lawyer ( :

Oopsie :doh:

If I were interested in five lug steelies..................I'd probably start by tracking down the number for these factory rims:
South African 105

Not very attractive looking wheels are they? Why not just buy the standard factory steel wheels.

Cruiser_Nerd said:
If I were interested in five lug steelies..................I'd probably start by tracking down the number for these factory rims:
South African 105
Those look like old 4 runner wheels. I wonder how similar.

Just wait, I'll post this again in about 6 months :flipoff2:

Besides, we need more traffic in the 100-series forum. :)

I'm giving you a hard time but I am guilty too. We should add to the good threads and not let them get buried. If they are decent (aka "on topic"), they can go into FAQ.

Jukelemon said:
Those look like old 4 runner wheels. I wonder how similar.

Those are the same steel wheels in which come on the GXL V8 in Oz.

I thought they looked crap, so when I picked up my truck from the dealer, I drove straight to the wheel & Tyre place and changed them over to a decent set of alloys, (I didn't like what Toyota was offering...) and some BFG ATs.

Couldn't even give away the wheels, no-one wanted them......

Typical I guess, as I couldn't give away my brand new suspension or my front bumper bar either...I was happy to give them to anyone who wanted them :frown:

A bloke building a trailer took the suspension off my hands, (Eventually, and he is still yet to pick it up...) the brand new bumper is still in my trailer in the garage all wrapped in plastic...Looks like I'll be dropping it off at the tip :mad:

Seems a bit of a waste...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom