My cruiser is finally back from the dead (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If you guys recall I picked this 66' up back in mid January. It had been 4 months of night and saturday work and it is finally back on its feet.

Here is the original thread to show some before shots of what I had to deal with.

Addition to the family

Things left to do is swap the parts I have on for disks all the way around. Some seat covers, seatbelts, bikini top and a roll bar, and I think I will go with stock jump seats to keep the look. Everything else is working fine.

Need a new heater core, and some defroster hoses. Other than that I think I got it all.

I am still waiting on Broadway title co. to get my paperwork back so I can get it on the road.

I have taken it up and down the street a couple of times and it is a keeper. :D Little wander and barely any brakes but it is working.

Here are some pics. and a link to the gallery. gallery

cruiser_may_30th_001.sized.jpg

cruiser_may_30th_004.sized.jpg

cruiser_may_30th_007.sized.jpg

cruiser_may_30th_032.sized.jpg

cruiser_may_30th_058.sized.jpg

cruiser_may_30th_002.sized.jpg

Have to thank everyone that helped me get this thing together.
Ground up (Marc) for the great repro stickers. Really sets things off nice.

Degnol and Mr Manny, Cruiser_1977, for all kinds of stuff. Motormouth, Nolen and eveeryone else that gave me some great deals to get this thing done and done cheap. Let me know if I missed some, There were alot.

I hate saying how cheap it was to get this thing to this condition. Even with the fact that I replaced all the wiring. New radiator hoses, water pump, thermostat, coil, wires, carb rebuld, filters, basically all engine stuff, switches, rear doors, guards, all new factory available lights, (except taillights, cheap auto store). Look close enough to me though.

parking brake rebuild, exhaust, 32x11.50 sidewinders cheap. steering stabilizer, stickers, and herculiner. Cheap simple and to the point. Nothing fancy. I like em stock. and it is nice to go out and trash the truck and still get to look at the sitting in the driveway pretty as can be. Nice feeling.

Thanks guys. Good to have it rolling.

That is a sweet rig you got there!!! Congratulations, I cant wait to take mine out on the first drive. where did you get the black dimond plating? did you just spray paint it?

Yup, Got some aluminum corners that were actually full wrap around and painted them, but they had been cut out about 3" for a fender trim, so I had to cut them down. Main thing was to cover the holes that were in the back corners from the PO. Did that job just fine and gave me the metal to mount the emblems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom