Sagging springs from CCOT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, everybody, I bought a set of Cool Cruisers of Texas' HFS springs for my FJ60 last year.

I had it parked for most of the year and when I went to pick it up, the left rear had sagged about 3 inches.
I took it back to my installer and had the sagging pack re-arched. About two months later it was back to sagging.
I contacted CCOT and got the runaround. I must have installed it backwards, I must have two heads, I'm ugly and my mother dressed me funny, that kind of thing.
Anyway, they were not only unhelpful but acted like I was trying to defraud them out of a new spring pack.
Their product is cheaper than OME, but I wouldn't recommend it, since they don't stand behind it. I've got to pay to fix a defective spring now, and I'm annoyed at the bad treatment.
The only thing I could think to do was complain to the Land Cruiser community.

kind of sounds like the excuses with my pinnacles. sorry to hear of your loss. i know i was/am still pissed about being out $850.

got them from jto...they sent two packs to remedy the original problem and all of them were crap... i tried switching them side to side, flipping them...everything...always sagged and damn scary when turning or wheeling. then jto started saying that i must have installed them wrong...since i was changing them around and all...i've installed 3 sets of alcans, two sets of skyjackers, a set of ranchos (i know, but it was the early 90's and there wasn't much else to put on), a set of parabolics, a set of downeys, and god only knows how many stock springs...never had any problems before. and i've never had a set of springs that were less than one year old look like they were falling apart!!!
jto must specialize in some junky stuff though, the "off road" mirrors they are constantly selling on ebay for way too much money are available at jc whitney's for about $15 and they're just tinny little flatfender mirrors.
pnnacle1.JPG

pinnacle sucks

i bought the 4' lift also and when taking them off to get down to the frame the shackles broke at the spot welds holding the greaseable pin in place. s***ty design. the 4" springs arent bad for looks but you take the m off road and there is absolutely no flex. my stock did about what they did.

VERY DISAPPOINTED ALSO!!!!!!!!

Spence

I have to say I havent been to inpressed with jto. Man those springs look like chopped ass. Holy fricken cow they look bad! And how in the hell can you install springs wrong? I dont know...Ive been wrenching all my life and to me installing springs incorrectly is like Walmart telling someone they installed a light bulb wrong.

better watch it...after seeing some of the people at walmart, they just might be able to install a bulb wrong :flipoff2:

Installed wrong

Evidently it is possible to intall the 60 series front leaves backwards, since they are the same length from eye to center each way. The rears have a long side and a short side, and it would be difficult to get them backwards without a team of very strong morons.
To have CCOT tell me I got them in backwards was pretty weak, considering. I still don't buy that it would cause a sag, anyway, especially on a truck that sat in a driveway for the year.
I have gotten a lightbulb cross-threaded once or twice on cheap Chinese fixtures, though, so I shouldn't underestimate the power of my incompetence coupled with junk product.

Makes ,e feel better about a set of 4" Skyjackers that are 6 yrs old that haven't sagged enough to notice. Got the typical Cruiser lean but it was that way before we lifted it. We also just installed some HFS 4" on a 40. For that kind of money they better last!!! We'll see.

Later

treerootCO said:
All four of my leaf springs on my 40 are installed backwards. :D

I was gonna' say...

People put springs on backwards all the time to get a little longer wheelbase. Never seen any sag because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom