Feb '65 fj45LV for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Title more or less says it all, but here is more info.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=845&PN=2

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=856&PN=2

The truck is located in Boulder Canyon- Colorado
Original engine, tranny, transfer case, but it has been converted to three speed on the floor shifter, rather than three on the tree. Very complete truck- has original jack and hand crank under front seat, along with original roof frack (only one I personally have ever seen). Also has rear heater, and original radio (both are rare options I have been told). ALso, it even still has the original keys to it (Japanese writing on them and such).

The floor boards have some surface rust, but are really solid (which is the opposite of other 45's). The rust comes into play on the sides of the truck under the doors (but it is flat metal, so it should be an easy fix). Also, at some point, someone replace the quarter panels with flat sheet metal (which is also now rusty) so that it no longer has the ribs bent into it at the back. These quarters should also be replaced as they to are rusty. I have a line on some quarter panel ribs from here on ih8mud, so they shouldn't be too hard to get and put in place.

I also have the original Toyota F engine manual and body and chassis manual from Sep of '66. They aren't in great shape as the P.O. allowed them to get mildewed. But, they are cool to have and almost impossible to come by. Also, I have a big box of extra parts that is going with it (offenhauser intake, extra carb, selectro hubs, mud flap, etc....) Lots of stuff that is pretty expensive to get when you are able to find it.

Finally, it has brand new (less than 150 miles) brake and clutch master cylinders, as well as all 8 brake wheel cylinders (all oem), as well as a new fuel filter assembly.

Asking $3,500, and I am pretty firm on that. If interested, let me know and I can give you a lot more info on the truck, as well as better pics.

Thanks,

Abe

P.S. Treeroot has seen looked at my truck, and heard it running, so he can give you an honest appraisal of his thoughts (outside opinion)on the truck.

My opinion was that Junk already bought it :confused:

Paging Junk...

Foxfab was going to buy it but decided he should finish the Flinstone LV first.

I have 171 pics of her (the LV, not Junks mom :D ) at:

www.root45.com/Boulder45lv.zip

Abe, can you please pm or email me your tel#? Have cash and thanks to treerootCO now have pics

Ya know, it doesn't look as wied without q/p ribs as I thought it would. Also, now I know what the ashtray under the passenger seat is for, thanks;)

you know mike...had we parted that 60 last weekend, you'd have a parking spot in the back for it. :D

nuclearlemon said:
you know mike...had we parted that 60 last weekend, you'd have a parking spot in the back for it. :D
and he'd likely have to listen to you crying about more booboos :flipoff2:

ya gotta let at least one of these head east to keep foxfab's company.

I am almost 100% the roof rack is not stock.

not a bad buy...........but me no need no more 45's.............right now ;)

whats up with the crazy thing on the carb?
2005-04-18_201855_fj45_wagon_pics_for_sale_030.jpg

I would say its not one of the Federaly 45;s, it has front and rear heaters, and I recall the cancelled federaly order was in 64

The air cleaner was cut in half and they had a tube running from then non oem plenum to the air filter. For now, it isn't connected. I have extra oil bath air cleaners if needed.

If not stock, or a dealer added accessory, where could it have come from?

WHere could the rack have come from if it isn't stock. Look closely at the mounts/roof, and you can see that the mounts were clearly made to fit the curve of this roof. So, if it didn't come from Toyota originally, do you have any ideas as to where it would have come from?
Abe

Landpimp said:
I am almost 100% the roof rack is not stock.

not a bad buy...........but me no need no more 45's.............right now ;)

Hey Junkster,

Let me know if you need a co-pilot for a most excellent cross-country Cruiser roadtrip. Have tools; will travel for food... :D

Nick

no I don't. But there is nothing in any of my parts books(that I can recall) showing a roof rack. Also the rack on yours has alot of adjustment possible, so it seems to me to be made to fit a range of vehicals, if made for the 45LV it would have no adjustment(sides) like a OEM 60 series rack(non US)

But I also must say I have never seen a rack like that on anything, very interesting design and looks dang old.

Love the window warning sticker :)

So............fill me in, did Junk buy it or what?

John

gr8ful said:
WHere could the rack have come from if it isn't stock. Look closely at the mounts/roof, and you can see that the mounts were clearly made to fit the curve of this roof. So, if it didn't come from Toyota originally, do you have any ideas as to where it would have come from?
Abe

no one has bought it yet.

When the truck was new, the rack had four fancy mahogany rails up top (that's what the P.O. told me). They have long since been replaced by the two 2x4's that are up there now.
As of yet, no one has bought the truck. Although I haven't yet checked my e-mail or cell phone today.
Abe

Landpimp said:
no I don't. But there is nothing in any of my parts books(that I can recall) showing a roof rack. Also the rack on yours has alot of adjustment possible, so it seems to me to be made to fit a range of vehicals, if made for the 45LV it would have no adjustment(sides) like a OEM 60 series rack(non US)

But I also must say I have never seen a rack like that on anything, very interesting design and looks dang old.

Love the window warning sticker :)

So............fill me in, did Junk buy it or what?

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom