Recalls on the 1987 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found 2 recalls from Toyota for the 1987 60. they are as follows:
1. SSCK04 JUN 95 Recall - Rear Seat Belt Guides Renotification
2. SSCM01 JUN 91 Recall - Replace Fuel Tank With Improved Design

Has anyone taken Toyota up on these? The PO seemed to think I should get this taken care of, but I am curious if it is worth it? I am guessing the seatbelt is worth it, but is the gas tank?

thanks in advance.

I look at it differently...the seatbelt seemed kinda hooky to me but take advantage of the gas tank...my guess is it will be a tough sell at the local dealership but it can't hurt to try a nd get them to fix it...The seatbelt fix is just adding some sort of plastic piece to allow for better retraction..the gas tank as I understand it has to do with expansion when hot...if I am blowing smoke someone with better skills will call me on it...

I'm pretty sure they will still do the fuel tank. I had mine at the dealer a year ago and they ran the vin confirminig it had been done, but said they would do it if it hadn't.

Call your local T dealer, give them your VIN, and they can tell you if the recall service has been done on your vehicle. ALL dealers have access to the recall database. They get paid to do the service, so it's in their best interest to know what's up.

The gas tank recall is worth doing. The rear seat belt recall might be, but they'll still be sub-optimal over time.

Gas Tank - do Seat Belt - pass

I have a gas tank and parts waiting at my dealership, but they would not do the seatbelt recall. Too late I guess. I will take a fuel tank. The service guy couldn't believe they OK'd it. Go to the dealerhip with the recall number. There is a thread on here with the number and ask them to order the parts for you.

goodluck

Cruiserdrew said:
I'm pretty sure they will still do the fuel tank. I had mine at the dealer a year ago and they ran the vin confirminig it had been done, but said they would do it if it hadn't.

same ... and mines a 82 :grinpimp: mine had also just started to have the rust problems.. even the new tank didnt stop them had to repull it and flush all the crud out of the lines...fyi ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom