Fender lining? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Renovating a 2/79 FJ40. In the process of fitting new OEM fenders to an Aqualu tub and cowl. Is it worth doing some sort of rhino lining to the underneath of the fenders, or just good paint job with rubberized undercoat topping? Open to any ideas. This is a New England vehicle, lots of sand/salt brine etc...

Cheers,

Dave

Rhino for sure.

Would not think twice about it.

i have rino on my restored 40 it looks great. i suggest that you do it

Thanks for the feedback...

Rhino I will...

Rhino and underliner... Start with an etching primer, then hit it with a Rhino, X, Herc, or Rattleguard type product. Rocks will chip away at the hard liners, so it is my opinion that the underliner is optimal to keep your Rhino from cracking up, due to the rubbery nature of the product.

This may not be a problem unless your tires throw rock at your fender. As I live off a rock road, this may just be more apparent in my case as it is a daily event.

Yeah, I wish I had done some sort of liner in mine. I have ccot fenders, which are probably thinner, and I've got a few dings from rocks getting thrown out of the tires. I've seen a few of the cruisersolutions-built trucks with linex in the fenders, looks pretty good.

new tires

took my Cruiser out today for the first time with new tires and was literally scared a few times from rocks flinging off the tires and hitting the inner wheel well. sounded like a damn gun shot!!!

made me start thinking about something on the underside...:hillbilly: those TSL really throw some rocks!!!!!

durabak

durabak comes in colors too. Sticky stuff will also stick to concrete, wood, fingers and so on

Actually I'm glad I saw this I think I'll do mine in rust bullet with durabak over it to cushion the rocks

The smooth liner is a good idea. I have always though it would be great to have a plastic type inner wheel well liner like heeps or dodge pickups to keep all the crap off the underside and reduce rock fling noise. Maybe I will look for an application that is close and trim it to fit up in the rear wheel wells:hmm:

Did any of you see or find information on Durabak's heat resistance? I was wondering how this stuff would work on a firewall. I fugured that would also be a good place for sound deadening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom