Snorkel... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi i'm looking for a snorkel for my fj60. what would you recomend?

i was thinking on buying a land cruiser but i haven't found any prices.

give your opiniions and prices about snorkels on the market..

thank's.

ColoradoFJ60 said:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/search.php?searchid=275070

I don't think there are a ton of companies who make them for the 60 though.

that has to be one of the less useful replies. the search function on this forum is helpful sometimes, but any mention of a snorkel brings up 100pgs of nada.

I have heard good things about the ARB snorkel. I don't have it installed, i am very curious how the hoses route under hood with snorkel on pass side. Since the stock air intake hose is coming form driver's side.

If anyone has this setup and has a pic that would help quite a bit.

rob

thank's

masscrusher said:
Since you are in Venezuela, I would recommend Repuestos El Rustico or Repuestos Todo Japon. I think it is in the capital. They carry the OEM snorkle. You can also check with the guys in the Spanish TLC list in Yahoo groups.

Here is the link: http://espanol.groups.yahoo.com/group/lctlc/

thank's masscruiser for the link and the info about where can i find the snorkel. i allready knew about repuestos el rustico. but never heard of todo japon. anyway how did u know about those dealers??? jjeje just curious.

thank's to yall

FJ60_cruiser said:
thank's masscruiser for the link and the info about where can i find the snorkel. i allready knew about repuestos el rustico. but never heard of todo japon. anyway how did u know about those dealers??? jjeje just curious.

thank's to yall
I am subscribed to the Spanish list too. :grinpimp:

For FJ60s, that diagram dosen't work. The air intake is pointing in the opposite direction, towards the driver's side, if I am not mistaken. I still hold my query as to how the snorkel works with the air intake pointing towards the driver's side.

:beer:

I used one on a 4Runner I had the pipe from the air bos to the snorkle made at an exhaust shop worled great plan on the 60 when I do it ... sorry no pics . also if you want it to work good in water you need to die-electric grease EVERYTHING under the hood and spray silecon (sp) on the spark plug wires and cap it'll help cut the water

ummm, the pic of the ARB snorkle for the FJ60 is correct if ya read the 'recommended' install instructions. Beside buying the snorkle, ya gots ta buy a FJ62 air cleaner/filter assy.

masscrusher said:
Since you are in Venezuela, I would recommend Repuestos El Rustico or Repuestos Todo Japon. I think it is in the capital. They carry the OEM snorkle. You can also check with the guys in the Spanish TLC list in Yahoo groups.

Here is the link: http://espanol.groups.yahoo.com/group/lctlc/

very important thing is, the OEM snorkel, have a parts, you need to be courius to seal ( perfect sealed ) all this parts, to get a real snorkel, not only a fashion off road part.

ColoradoFJ60 said:
I know that was completely useless. I apologize. :whoops:

no worries bro. the search usually helps, but nothing like asking people directly for their experience... =)

soggy60 said:
ummm, the pic of the ARB snorkle for the FJ60 is correct if ya read the 'recommended' install instructions. Beside buying the snorkle, ya gots ta buy a FJ62 air cleaner/filter assy.

Damn directions...always wanting to be read. It's like asking for directions - rarely done...lol.

that makes sense. How does the 62 aircleaner hook up to the carb?

I would still love to see a pic of this setup. as many of u have this I KNOW someone has a good pic somewhere!

rob

sl33py said:
that makes sense. How does the 62 aircleaner hook up to the carb?

I would still love to see a pic of this setup. as many of u have this I KNOW someone has a good pic somewhere!

rob

Here is one from my rig
I am running the Safari on a 2f
Fisrst pic is a external
2nd is the business end. A pipe runs through the inner guard and emties in to the std air cleaner
Will take a more detail one on the weekend if u need one

Last edited:
That 2F does not have the stock air intake assembly. That is the only point that I was getting at. What do you have to buy to make it work?

Is that engine desmogged?

:beer:

Do a search here in MUD. I think it was Doc who has a nice pictoral of his airbox mod to accomodate the Safari snorkle.

Also, a home made one, installed on the driver side could be a possible solution.

Also, I believe the 'installation kit' includes a 90 degree pipe looking thing that goes 'tween carb & tube/hose from air cleaner . . .maybe it's the 'gizmo' from an FJ62 . . .

toy60 said:
Here is one from my rig
Fisrst pic is a external
2nd is the business end. A pipe runs through the inner guard and emties in to the std air cleaner

GLTHFJ60 said:
That 2F does not have the stock air intake assembly. That is the only point that I was getting at. What do you have to buy to make it work?

Is that engine desmogged?

He's from australia - so that is stock. check the front wing vent windows (jealous!). That's the stock air intake setup...just need to find one and then the snorkel would be a piece of cake.

ausies get all the cool toys...grrr! prolly has 5sp too (salt in the wound).

nice ride, a better pic of the engine compartment would be great. (nice dual batt's also btw).

rob

glthfj60,

smog stuff is the curse of the "civilized" fresh air american cruiser. that is a picture of what a wild free range cruiser looks like.

toy60 said:
Here is one from my rig
Fisrst pic is a external

hey .. you have the new version of safari snorkel .. more short and the new air ram .. where do you buy it .. ?

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom