4.3 TBI in a 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Texican

s-Moderator
Threads
sneek peek
more pix in a day or 2
Mvc-021f.jpg
Mvc-024f.jpg
Mvc-022f.jpg

youre gonna need to change out that passenger side manifold? I eneded up running manifolds off a van when I had my 4.3.

I am swapping in a 350 in place of my 4.3 and have a question now that the old motor has is sold and gone- the cylinders on the v8 are offest between drivers and passenger- where the passenger side most rear cylinder is further back than the drivers side . Were they on the 4.3? I dont remember that on the old 4.3 I had.

cheers-
Dustin

So, you didn't go to Moab this year?

I have heard those 4.3 engines are a real pain to get the exhause manifolds set up right. Not much selection to choose from ;p

Not making Moab this year, Razorback Ramble is the next event for us, last time I talked to Casey he had more Texans registered than Arkansas boys.........
These manifolds are gonna work they are OEM 87 Monte Carlo.
All V type engines have one head set back, so 2 connecting rods can run on the same journal......

I'm working on a 4.3 vortec swap along with a 4l60e. Where did you end up putting the motor mounts?

BayCruiser said:
I'm working on a 4.3 vortec swap along with a 4l60e. Where did you end up putting the motor mounts?

12.5'' back from the back edge of the shock towers

Butch

mantis said:
Did you offset it at all, or is it centered?

Have not a clue, we were looking at the exhaust manifolds and the PS pump in relation to the steering shaft, this dictated where we positioned it.
Butch

OK, more pix, the engine is offset 1" to the drivers side.....
here is our mount like we do on these setups.
takes all the stress off of one of the mount pads, you have 2, one on the T350 and one on the AA adapter........
Mvc-009f.jpg
Mvc-010f.jpg

here are where the manifolds are dumping, RH side will be fun, but not too hard.....
Butch
Mvc-014f.jpg
Mvc-015f.jpg

What wiring harness are you going to use on that conversion?
oh... and what is that rubber tranny mount application off of?

Looks sweet btw..........

Bennett said:
What wiring harness are you going to use on that conversion?
oh... and what is that rubber tranny mount application off of?

Looks sweet btw..........

Custom harness from Fuel Injection Specialty's out of San Antonio
Mount is T 350 from Energy Suspension......

Crossmember pix
Mvc-012f.jpg
Mvc-013f.jpg

I just built a tranny mount like that after seeing it on Extreme 4x4s Ranger. I double tubed it, which was major overkill. Did you drill a hole through the end plate and run the tube through?

Good lookin' install. There's a 2F rebuild vs. csb thread going on. The question of what a quality install of a csb came up a little. What's it cost for your shop to do something like that 4.3L? Just ballpark. I understand every job is a bit different.

The end plates are just beveled and Mig welded good n hot. :cool:

T

Last edited:
What if you just want the engine and trans in, and nevermind luxuries like A/C or making it look OEM, and provide everything for it? Just curious in case I deceide to use my wallet as a tool and take in somewhere. And was that 12.5" the front of the mount or the center?

BayCruiser said:
What if you just want the engine and trans in, and nevermind luxuries like A/C or making it look OEM, and provide everything for it? Just curious in case I deceide to use my wallet as a tool and take in somewhere. And was that 12.5" the front of the mount or the center?
Guestimate $2-4K I'm very picky about "letting" a customer source everything, cause I don't have time to call him and let him handle it every time I need something, plus I know what works and what I like to use.........example, most of the universal crossmembers I have seen suck and take more work to make them work than building one, same with the 2 AA transfer case shifter brackets I have used.....
12.5" inside edge of each item
Butch

I was thinking more the larger type items like the engine and transmission. I would be inclined to let the installer source what he needs to install them. Experience goes a long way in my book.

Lookin' good Butch!

:beer:

Are you going to fab up a custom skid plate to tie into the crossmember bar? How much space will there be between the radiator & water pump fan? It looks like you'll have to fab up a deep shroud or push the radiator back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom