Are my OME spring installed on the wrong side ---regarding "lean and roll"? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I pulled off the tags and this what they say:

Dated: 7/03
861 L/H ------front left
861 R/H ------front right

Dated: 6/03
862 L/H -------- rear left
862 R/H -------- rear right

=====

And I could not tell with the shocks........does it matter?

Damn it! I knew something was wrong.

So switch the left springs to the right for BOTH the front and rear so that they SHOULD BE:
861 L/H ------front right
861 R/H ------front left
Dated: 6/03
862 L/H -------- rear right
862 R/H -------- rear left

Allen,

I'm not positive this is what Rich meant with a one word answer, but NO, the shocks do not matter side to side, just F/R. And I have no idea regarding switching the springs, as it would make no sense to do so since left is still left in Australia. AFAIK, the only confusion were springs marked PS for "Passenger Side" and so on, since obviously the PS is the opposite side in Australia due to the Corialis Effect.

DougM

ANd mean doug you yourself said this:

I ask because OME often arrives from Australia with labels like (driver's side) or (passenger's side) on their springs. There is a definite right and left spring. This unfortunate labeling means springs will be put on the wrong side by a mechanic who's not up to speed with the Australians driving on the Right side of the car and all..............

Other than that issue, I'd wonder if a spring or two weren't failing, or a shock blown and beginning to sieze up.

DougM

AND what about this:

Anyway, got under the truck after getting home, only to find out that the front springs are installed backwards, but the rears were right. Given the fact that I was careful enough to inform the service adviser about Australian DS/PS notations, gave him a copy of the OME installation sheet on US vehicles, AND a copy of that taped on each of the spring boxes, the mechanic still messed up!

I want a copy of the instructions that reference the springs. Slee do you have a copy?

My made no reference to DS or PS side.....just L/H and R/H

allen sed:

"So what about all the talk on this thread regarding putting the spring on the correct side?"

Without reading the thread, um.....yes the springs need to be put on the correct side. Are you confusing my comment above regarding SHOCKS?

allen sed:

"ANd mean doug you yourself said this:"

I'm not even sure what this means, nor am I clear why you repeated what I just typed with no clear question. Let go of the crack pipe. Just back away.....

DougM

For clarification - "Are my OME spring installed on the wrong side...?" Answer: Yes

Listen Doug I appreciate your help.

I cannot read what is on the shocks....yet. AS for the springs are they installed right? Or am I mistaken the talk about the shocks for the talk about the springs?

And for the shocks...can they be installed incorrectly regarding front, rear, or side to side?

Rich--

Can you understand my doubt. I have two guys disagreeing with each other that do know much more than me.

So, I we going to clarify this with just Rich's knowledge or is there going to be conflict so that I don't get cofident going to a shop to switch them?

Rich said:
For clarification - "Are my OME spring installed on the wrong side...?" Answer: Yes

Rich are you 100% sure? LH in USA is the same as LH in oz. I thought the only mis-labeled issue was back when OME used the term PS and DS.

Left is Left correct?

Rich said:
From side to side shocks are not particular.
Just front and back..correct?

They would not work if the front shocks were on the back, right? I mean the physically would not be possible to install front shocks in the back because of the mounting points, right?

When parked his truck leans to one side. Either he has too much weight on one side, or his springs need to be swapped. I do believe he needs to swap his springs from side to side.

There are front shocks and rear shocks. There are not left shocks and right shocks.

Riley said:
Rich are you 100% sure? LH in USA is the same as LH in oz. I thought the only mis-labeled issue was back when OME used the term PS and DS.

Left is Left correct?

SO we have two generations of OME springs, right?

Older ones had Driver side (DS) and passendger side (PS) labels which means you had to switch sides when installng on US models...correct or no?

Newer ones have L/H, R/H labels only for both front and rear springs. The question is what does these new labels mean and are they to be switched just like the older labels....correct?

If, after swapping springs the truck leans the other way, then you most likely will need new springs.

I just want to be sure before I pay any money. That's all. I wonder what Slee would say

If you want to be sure, then take it to a suspension shop and have them examine your truck and tell you why it is leaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom