i need rear fender flares (FAQ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well i have some from SOR, but i've destroyed them.
i think the SOR ones are ABS or something, because it only took
once gentle nudge agains a tree and the driverside one was shattered.

i want to get a set of ccot's poly-hyper-techno-bull**** one, but i don't know if i should go for those over someone elses poly-uerethen (which ccot claims loose their shape).

anyway, what are you running? how do they look? what did you pay? have you smashed them on anything without the breaking?

my fenderwells are cut, so stock size isn't an option.

thanks guys.

I have a set of TJ flares that are still in the plastic. PM me if interested.

Paid for the bushwackers but they dont seem like they'd fare any better against any encounter. Never paid so damn much for 2 peices of fricken plastic though. :rolleyes:

Have thrashed the hell out of the Xenon 4" wide TJ flares on my truck... and they come back for more, time and time again...

FlatNas7-27-11.jpg

Here are a couple pics of the stock TJ flares on the Yellow and Orange trucks:

BuzzWrm7-24-12.jpg

BuzzWrm7-24-04.jpg

Good luck!

:beer:

-Steve

i don't really need a huge flare, my tires are 33x10.5 so they don't really stick out at all.
if the TJ flares are cheap though, maybe i will go with them.

Last edited:
I got my TJ flares out of a Junkyard. THey look great and take abuse. THere is a post about them on pirate you may want to search for. Eveyone that has them over there likes the dueability as well. It was the only good part on a Heep!!!!!!!!

Think I paid $10 per TJ flare used from a heep place in Dallas.. Cheap, already faded and scratched, fit great.. Take a jigsaw to the inside and get rid of the lip in there.. Then nutsert the tub cut away and call it done..

Holy crap, I wish I could find a place that had those flares for $10, junkyards up here seem to want almost as much as new for them

http://www.collinsbrosjeep.com/used_parts.htm
They'll start way higher.. New they're like $30 a side? Give or take. try negotiating or just order a bunch like I did and the price can change.. Not like your buddies won't use em!

tornadoalleycruiser said:
http://www.collinsbrosjeep.com/used_parts.htm
They'll start way higher.. New they're like $30 a side? Give or take. try negotiating or just order a bunch like I did and the price can change.. Not like your buddies won't use em!
I called Collins Bros. today and they are out of used flares and recommended to call back next week.

TAC - do you have any left from the group buy?

:flamingo:

anybody know where to get off-white flares ? Claudia

Maybe my SOR flares are an anomalie, but, I have beat the hell out of them without any problems. I have pivoted around a tree on the flare, and figure that I had torched it. When I got off the tree, it popped back out and is fine. I dont remember the part number, but in the SOR catolog they are the ones that the PitBull has in its mouth. Hodag

You can't go wrong with the TJ flares. I beat the crud out of mine, ripping them off and laying the cruiser over on them on hard granite while sliding on them and they still held up. Had a few gouges and a tiny piece of granite embeded in them when I finally took them off but still in great shape.

I have the UB40 SOR ones.

They are not glossy, but do not fade in the sun, and are very flexible and tough. I already had cut fenderwells and these fit very well.

Have been nudged/scraped/rubbed and don't show it at all.

Also don't look like they came off a jeep. :D

Hi All:

Hey "Poser," nice rigs!

On the red '40, are the seats integrated with the roll cage? If so, how did you do it? And are the tires Swamper 38x14.5" ?

Thanks!

Alan
Seattle

Josie'sLandCruiser said:
Hi All:

Hey "Poser," nice rigs!

On the red '40, are the seats integrated with the roll cage? If so, how did you do it? And are the tires Swamper 38x14.5" ?

Thanks!

Alan
Seattle

Wow Alan...

Been a while..I missed this..

Yes the seats in the Red truck are integrated with the roll cage using a cradle system. Seat belt mounting tabs are included with the cage/cradle.

The tires are 15x42x15 Swampers..

Good luck!

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom